Antique shop (3)

MAYA'S POV

It'd been weeks since I last spoke to him. You know that Robert boy. I figured maybe he just didn't like me or something, which was fine.

I mean maybe I did like him a little, but I didn't need another guy in my life to fuck things up, so I'm glad he didn't like me.

I hadn't seen him at the bar once. Maybe he was busy for all I knew.

                                        ***

My alarm clock went beeping off, waking me up from my beauty sleep which didn't do its job by making me any prettier. Because when I walking into my bathroom and looked in the mirror I saw a clown.

My hair was so tangled and I hadn't even bothered to do anything with my makeup all weekend. I was a mess.

I took a quick shower and changed into low rise jeans with a black tank top. I slipped my boots on and headed for my kitchen, where I ate a snack cake for breakfast.

I grabbed my already trash packed purse and walked out the door, jamming it shut behind me.

I didn't have work, but I felt like taking a stroll or going shopping with money I didn't have.

I walked down the seven flights of stairs, almost tripping and falling on my way down.

When I finally reached the sidewalks of the city I took a deep breathe of the fresh morning air.

I looked out into the earth, and just thought.

Life was such a weird thing, it's like, I would never want someone to have to go through it, but the chance of life itself is so rare and that's what makes it so special. Like it's so special but it's like living through hell, I couldn't hardly explain it.

As I walked across the city, I noticed a small antique store and decided I'd check it out.

I walked in and felt musky air hit my face immediately. It smelt like a grandmas house, maybe that was because it had so many grandma things.

"Hello." I heard from the sweet old lady behind the counter.

"Ah, hello." I smiled slightly holding up a hand.

"Just let me know if you need any help with anything." She spoke with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

"Thanks." I replied, walking off into the many shelves of antiques.

There weren't many other folks in the store, as there typically aren't many people who crowd around in shops like these. I saw maybe one other person at the front of the store, but that was it.

I noticed the glass dish sets and old dolls and junk as I made my way towards the back.

That's when I caught a glimpse of him. That gothic boy. I noticed him through the many packed shelves. I mean how could I not with hair like his?

I gazed at him expressionlessly as I watched him pick up some knickknack off the shelf, exam it, and then place it back.

I hoped he didn't see me, or else I think I'd have shoot myself on the spot.

I kinda wanted to talk to him a bit, but I felt as if he didn't want anything to do with me since he hadn't even bothered to stop by the bar at all.

But maybe he was busy, I can't just assume.

I creeped over and slid through the maze of shelves.

"Robert?" I said his name as if I hadn't been stalking him for the past ten minutes.

He turned around abruptly with his brows somewhat furrowed as if he didn't realize I was even there.

"Ah, Maya. It's you. It's been a while hasn't it?" he responded with that iconic smile of his.

Something about it made my stomach twist, though I'd never tell him that though.

"Yeah it has, I didn't think I'd run into you here." I chuckled, giving a slight grin.

"Yeah, I just...I don't know, I've been so busy with the new album, I've wanted to contact you but I just didn't have the time." He admitted.

"Oh no worries, I've been picking up extra shifts at the bar so that makes two of us." I forced a laugh.

I had been working extra though, it's not that I was completely broke, though I liked say I was all the time. It's just I needed the extra money to buy drugs so I wouldn't have to use my 'bill paying' money.

"Ah." He replied, looking off awkwardly.

He was such an awkward person. It was almost funny in a way, or should I say cute?

I stood in silence not knowing what to say next.

"Well, it was nice seeing you." I forced a smile as I tried to walk away from the awkward situation.

"Hey wait." He said abruptly, making me turn my head in confusion.

"Yes?" I asked softly.

"Would you maybe like to hangout again? As cringe as it sounds I did really enjoy the last time we spent time together so..." he looked off.

I stood in awe as I wasn't expecting this to come.

"Sure." I giggled, slightly flustered.

I felt my cheeks heat up a bit as he looked at me with that smile of his. Just the way he gazed at me done something to me that I couldn't explain.

"Alright then." He chuckled, as I saw his cheeks glow a pastel pink.

"How 'bout we just meet at that park we went to last time. Just whenever you're free that is." He spoke, his smile lessoning.

"Well I'll be free tomorrow and the next day. So whatever works with you." I reasoned.

"How about tomorrow then around twelve?" He asked as I saw his smile brighten back up again.

"Sounds good." I replied gently with a soft smile.

"Alright then, I'll see you there." He grinned bashfully as he broke off our heavy eye contact.

"See ya." I waved as I walked back up towards the front, saying my goodbyes to the old lady on my way out.

Though the day had barely started, I immediately went back to my apartment to celebrate my upcoming date. I figured I'd spoil myself with drugs for managing to make plans with some famous rockstar.

I walked in, shutting the door behind me, and making sure every lock was locked. I went to every window and sealed them shut. I then walked into my bedroom closet where I hid the drugs.

I sat down in my closet floor and gathered my materials. I injected the meth into my arm as I shut my closet door. I waited a minute or two before I felt that high. I saw everything around begin to spin and twirl as I laid back onto the wall.

Drugs were what kept me going.

That night I fell asleep in my closet after I went through my high. I was too fucked up to set an alarm though, so I just hoped that I'd wake up on time.