Off (18)

MAYA'S POV

Things had started getting worse.

Something was off between Robert and I, and I think it had to do with my suicide attempt. Yes, after a while of begging I finally got him to tell me, and for a while I actually didn't even believe him.

It's like everything we do know is always so awkward. We haven't even had sex or even made out in about a month.

It's even got the point where he won't even come see me before shows. God only knows why.

All of the women had left and went elsewhere, so it was just me for the next few lasting months. I mean, of course I had Robert, but recently he's started spending more time with Simon and sorta brushing me off.

I'd thought about flying back home, but really I didn't have a home there. I had no job or a place to stay. Maybe I could ask Elise if I could stay with her for a while until I found my own place.

This world tour with The Cure was starting to get more insufferable each and everyday. No wonder all the women left already.

I was starting to feel like a burden really. It's like I was just there, tagging along for the hell of it.

I started to figure maybe things would be better off for the band if I'd just leave already.

***

We'd made it through Australia and were now in Asia. Osaka, Japan, to be more exact. One of the biggest cities in Japan.

Everything was so foreign and odd, but interesting and noteworthy nonetheless.

I'd actually learnt a bit of Japanese back in grade school, so I knew how to at least survive.

The band was at another performance, but I'd decided to leave and do whatnot instead of just sitting around.

I walked down the crowded streets of the city, brushing people's shoulders with every step.

I'd stopped at a cheap sushi place for dinner, I'd say it was good but I actually hate sushi. I only went there because it was basically free it was so cheap.

I walked and I walked and then walked a little more and then after that walked some more. I had no fucking clue where I was even going, and I'd already gotten myself lost in this city of chaos.

But I didn't care, I told myself I'd find my way back to concert some way or another, though I had no sense of direction.

I had to of been miles away, that's when I heard it.

Mötley fucking Crüe.

I hadn't even had a clue that they were also in Japan, and performing on the same fucking night too.

I followed the sound and noticed how it increased the closer I reached the amphitheater.

Take me to your heart
Feel me in your bones
Just one more night
And I'm coming off this long and winding road

I heard Vince Neil, the vocalist, singing his guts out.

I just had to get into this damn concert one way or another.

Robert had given me some money earlier that day to keep me occupied I guess, but I wasn't sure if it'd be enough.

There was no way in hell I'd even be able to get a good seat anyways since even the nosebleeds were practically overflowing.