Just the drugs (4)

MAYA'S POV

I felt my eyes begin to flutter as I found myself sitting in my closet floor.

How did I get here? Why I am here? Oh, that's right. Drugs.

I picked myself off of my dirty closet floor filled with my wrinkled up clothes. I walked into my bathroom to be baffled by my own appearance.

My hair was a dirty knotted mess and my clothes had gotten rips somehow. Not to mention I was covered in stains.

I took a quick shower and changed my clothes before I ate a small breakfast.

I checked the time.

12:10 A.M.

Dang. Usually I'm not even up by now.

Then it hit me. I was supposed to meet with Robert! Fuck!

Almost immediately I grabbed my purse and shoes and ran for the door.

I paced down the sidewalks quickly as I put on whatever makeup I could find in my purse.

As I approached the park, I couldn't help but notice the black silhouette of a man from afar.

I already knew that had to of been Robert. I saw his crazy puffed out hair.

I checked the time.

12:30 A.M.

Damn.

Slowly but surely I made my way up to him awkwardly as he sat on the bench.

"Hey. Sorry I'm late, I just...well long story short I got high and woke up late because I forgot to set an alarm. I'm so sorry really." I ranted as I began to get frustrated with myself.

"Nah don't worry about it. I only just got here myself. I thought I was the late one." He laughed.

I chucked at his statement awkwardly as I sat down beside him.

"So what were you thinking we do?" I asked abruptly.

"Well, as crazy as it may sound, I was thinking we check out this abandoned place I know. Unless you're not into that which I get." He muttered, looking off.

Something about his shyness always made me happy. He was just the type of person you couldn't not like.

"I mean, sounds pretty fun to me. I'm up for it." I chuckled.

"Alright then. Shall we be on?" He asked, standing up abruptly and holding out an arm for me to grab onto.

"Sure thing." I smiled as the two of us linked arms.

"So where exactly is this abandoned area?" I questioned.

"You'll see. Just wait." He giggled.

"How are we even going to get there?" I questioned further.

"Well, I've actually bought myself a car finally. I drove it here so we'll just take that." He said as we walked over to his car.

"I really hope I'm not about to get murdered right now." I said as I opened the car door and sat myself down inside.

"What? You don't trust me?" He chuckled.

"Well, I mean I barely know you so..." I grinned slightly, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Ah come on Maya! Don't be so negative." He laughed as he started the car and drove me off to god knows where.

                                         ***