Be still (7)

MAYA'S POV

My eyes fluttered open slowly as I struggled to fathom where the hell I was even at.

My eyes searched the ceiling for a second until I realized I was in my own room. I couldn't remember a thing from the night before.

All I knew was that I was at work, I must've gotten piss drunk and then somehow gotten home.

My breath stank so bad I could practically taste it, so I decided I'd actually get up and do something with my day.

That's what I thought I was going to do before I was stopped by a pair of arms that wrapped around my waste.

"Come back." They muttered.

Who the fuck?! Damn I must've really been drunk last night.

I looked over to see the one and only Robert Smith of The Cure.

Why was he in my bed? Did we...no, surely we didn't.

I looked underneath the covers to find my clothes nowhere on my body.

Well shit.

I felt Robert nuzzle his face into the back of my neck whilst his junk did the same with my bum.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't like Robert, because I was very much head over heels for him. It's just, all of this felt so sudden.

I'm sure we were both just drunk and unaware, that had to be it.

For the second time, I attempted to slither out of Robert's grasp to at least put some damn clothes on, but failed once again.

"Be still." He muttered, pulling me back into him.

His actions had my heart racing and my palms sweating.

Does he even realize what he's doing? Or maybe he does and this is his way of showing his undying affection for me. Should I wake him up? Ugh but he's sleeping so peacefully. Fuck, I don't know what to do.

I flipped myself around to where our foreheads touched and I could see all his features clearly.

I saw his pale skin and dark messy hair. I saw his hooded eyes and the way his cheek rested against the pillow.

Was I blushing at the scene? Most definitely.

He was just so peaceful, something inside of me wanted to get to know him more. I wanted to know what his favorite movie was or what his favorite ice cream flavor was. Just soppy stuff like that.

I just couldn't bring myself to look away from his sleeping state. He was just so precious, I couldn't get enough of him. Which was an odd thing to say since we probably just had sex the night before.

As I gazed into him I noticed his eyes beginning to flutter. I thought I was quite literally going to have a heart attack, so quickly I shut my eyes and pretended I was still asleep.

I mean what was I supposed to say to him? 'Yeah we fucked you can go home now', like no way in hell would I tell him that!

Sooner or later he was going to realize where he was at and that his clothes were gone, he'd obviously put the pieces together and realize what happened.

But what will he think when he finds out? What if he gets grossed out and just stops talking to me. Ugh I can't do this anymore!

I felt his forehead peel away from mine. He shuffled around a bit before I heard him mumbling to himself.

"What the fuck?" He mumbled pulling away from me, I assume looking around the room.

I guessed he figured out where he was when he looked over to my fake sleeping state.

"Maya?" He whispered as he shook me slightly.

I pretended to struggle keeping my eyelids open to keep up my 'I've been asleep this whole time' act.

"Robert?" I asked confusingly.

"Morning love, we're at yours right?" He asked me softly whilst he wrapped his arms back around me.

He seemed so gentle and sweet about the situation so far, maybe I just overthought everything.

"Yeah." I said gently before shoving my face into my pillow to avoid his gaze.

"Did we...?" I heard him go on.

Oh my fuck.

"Probably." I replied into the pillow for I didn't think I'd ever be able to look him in the eyes again.

I never heard him reply, he only snuggled closer into me.

Was he still fucking high or something? I really didn't think he'd react like this, but I mean I'm not complaining or anything...

"Hey Maya." I heard Robert call for me.

"Yeah?"

"I know this might be like way too soon to say and it might even mess things up between us, but I just...I just can't stop thinking of you. I'm so infatuated with you Maya. I think of you everyday, while I'm getting groceries or when I'm in the studio writing songs. I'm always thinking of you. I think I might be in love with you Maya."

What. The. Fuck.

I laid there in the bed in shock at his suddenness, but in a way I felt the same towards him. After we had sex it's like I just felt so connected to him, though I didn't remember a thing. There was something drawing me to him, something keeping him on my mind at all times.

"W-wow. Ok, um..." I muttered with a shocked expression. I genuinely couldn't spit a word out.

"I think I'm in love with you too Robert." I finally spoke, avoiding eye contact.

By this time I'd rose my blushing face out of the pillow to face his.

"You mean it?" He smiled slightly, looking into my wondering eyes. 

I watched as I saw his cheeks glow more and more red by the second. Maybe he really was in love with me. Anywho, the sight of it made me smile, giggle even.

"Of course." I chuckled, smiling at his flustered state.

He brought his hand up to rest on my cheek whilst he laid his forehead against mine.

He didn't say anything, nor did I. We just enjoyed each others presence and the silence that we so rarely got.

"I can leave if you want." He mumbled.

"Only if you want to." I replied.

"Well I don't really want to, but I probably should. I've got a record meeting at about 5:00, and I think it's valid to say I'm not in my best state right now."

I turned my head over to check the time on my barely working alarm clock.

3:32 P.M.

"Yeah, it's already 3:30, sheesh."

"Well I'll be on then." He said rising from the bed, searching for his clothes on the floor.

I flipped around the other way to give him some privacy I suppose. The atmosphere was so fucking awkward I thought I was going to die.

Once he dressed himself, he walked around to the other side of the bed that I was on and bent down to my level.

"I'll see ya next time love." He said before he kissed my already blushing cheek.

"Bye." I said to him as he walked out the door, leaving me there in solitude and silence.

Everything felt so much different now, you know, with us. Just yesterday it felt as if we were only close friends but now it feels almost like a relationship.

The feeling it gave me was so heartfelt but also so unsettling at the same time. I really enjoyed the moment, but my gut was telling that something bad was going to happen. I just couldn't tell what.