I blinked (6)

MAYA'S POV

It'd been days since I last saw him, but I couldn't worry too much about him, I had shit to do.

I dragged myself out of bed to get myself situated for work. After a quick shower and outfit change I made my way out the door.

I walked down the sidewalks looking up at the sunrise.

The bar I worked at was a 24 hour one, which fucking sucked because I had to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn every time I had a shift.

Soon enough, I unfortunately arrived at the bar I'd be working at for the rest of the day.

                                         ***

It was getting late, but nowhere near the end of my shift.

I wiped the counters as I watched drunk customers stumble their way in and out the door.

"Damn I wish this day could just be over with already." I said to my coworker beside me, Rachel.

"Girl me and you both." She replied, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

It was always so stuffy and hot, but the air conditioner was kinda shit so we couldn't do much other than turn on some fans. Those didn't do much either though.

I began to get a headache from the never ending loud music coming from across the bar.

After washing a few dishes and taking a few orders, I began to catch myself thinking of Robert.

Should I tell Rachel or no? I want to but like what if she makes fun of me. Fuck.

"Hey Rachel, did I ever tell you about this guy I met?" I spoke to her abruptly.

"Oh, you've gone and got yourself a boyfriend have you?" She smirked whilst giggling.

"No it's not like that it's just, I don't know..." I trailed off somewhat a embarrassed.

"So who is this guy Maya, what's he look like? Tell me everything." She laughed as she clasped her hands together.

"Well, his name's Robert, his style is rather...um, odd I guess you could say. He's a bit gothic, oh and he's in a band too."

"A band huh? What does he play guitar or something?"

"No he sings I think."

"So you've got yourself a singer huh?" She grinned.

"I guess so." I laughed nervously, getting shy from her heavy eye contact.

It felt like I was giving her super personal information, I mean I'd never even spoke of him to anyone until now.

Eventually after our many other rambles of whatnot she walked off to take more orders.

As I wiped the continuously spilt drinks off the counters, I just so happened to notice a pair of men walking towards my direction.

Their silhouettes looked rather odd if I must say so. And their hair was just all over the place, was that...was that Robert?

I watched as Robert and another man who looked awfully similar to him approached me.

Well I'll be damned.

"Hey there Maya." Robert smiled at me.

"Hey." I returned the smile, taking a glance at his friend.

"This is Simon, he's in the band. And he's also my best mate." Robert said to me while he pointed towards his so called best mate that stood beside him.