Stained my brain (5)

MAYA'S POV

"Maya." I heard from a soft quiet voice.

"Maya wake up." I heard as I felt myself being shaken gently.

Slowly but surely I opened my crusted eyes and let out a yawn.

"What time is it?" I asked in almost a whisper as I looked up at Robert.

"Around 8:00 P.M." he said.

"Oh dang, I won't be able to sleep tonight then if I slept for that long." I chuckled.

He only chuckled before speaking again.

"We should probably get you home." He spoke softly into my ear as I felt him rubbing my legs gently.

"Yeah you're right." I said as I peeled myself off of him and stood solid on the ground waiting for him to rise off the couch.

He stood up and grabbed my hand almost immediately, leading the two of us towards the door.

As we stood in the descending elevator I felt the atmosphere getting more and more awkward as we were both silent.

We still had our fingers interlocked though.

"We'll have to do that again sometime." He looked over to me grinning.

"Yeah, I enjoyed that." I smiled back.

For just a second, we looked into each others eyes adoringly. We looked into each others souls. It felt almost intimate, though nothing of that sort really happened.

I saw his hooded blue eyes and his thick dark eyebrows. He had a bit of a unibrow, but it wasn't noticeable.

I knew my friends at the bar would probably think I was crazy for liking this ratty looking boy. The ratty boy who occasionally would make weird screeching sounds in the middle of a sentence. Or the ratty boy who always had a joke to lighten the mood. He was really something else.

I barely even knew him, but it felt like we were just made for each other. It's like he was my other puzzle piece in life.

The two of us were snapped back into reality as we heard the the elevator door begin to open.

He let go of my hand abruptly to place it on my lower back, guiding me out of the elevator and onto his car.

***

I looked out the window and into the dark sky as we drove off to my apartment.

"So this band you're in, tell me more about it." I spoke up finally.

"Well, I'm the lead singer. We're called The Cure, that's about all there is too it." He said plainly.

"Yeah but like, how many albums have y'all released and what type of music do you guys play?" I laughed, trying to get more out of him.

He never really brought up that band of his too much. I couldn't ever figure out why though. Was he embarrassed of it? I don't know how he could be if the band's as popular as he said they were.

Or maybe it just stressed him out, all the fame and junk.

"Ah, well all sorts of genres really. Most of it's more gloomy stuff though." He replied.

"Gloomy huh? Are you guys like a goth band or something?" I chuckled.

"I guess you could say that." He laughed back, not taking his eyes away from the road.

"You'll have to come to a concert sometime." He added.

"Well when's your next one?" I asked, pleasantly surprised he wanted me to see him preform.