Thirty awkward minutes (16)

MAYA'S POV

Another few concerts came and went with the cure. Which meant another few concerts of Simon and Robert dragging their girlfriends out on stage for a laugh.

Currently, we were getting off the plane that led us to San Francisco, and hauling our suitcases behind us.

We followed the band manager through the crowds of people wanting autographs and pictures before we made it to two cars awaiting our arrival.

Robert so graciously opened the door for me and I slipped inside the back, crowding up beside Simon.

Perry had gotten in the front seat. Ramona and the rest of the band had gotten into the other cab.

Robert hopped in and shut the door, squishing the three of us up even more. And to make things worse, they were both manspreading, causing my legs to squish together.

"Christ, could this cab get any fucking smaller?" Simon complained, trying to scoot towards the window

"Tell me about it." Robert agreed, rolling his eyes.

I sat awkwardly in between the two, silently.

I was practically the only female left on this tour trip. I mean of course there was Ramona, but she had stopped going to all of the concerts and was always elsewhere.

Elise had left and flown back to Britain. Apparently she 'had some family problems' but it was quite obvious that something had happened between her and Simon.

Ever since she left, Simon had always been in a pissy mood no matter what time of day. You could hand him a million dollars and he'd probably throw it to the floor and scream at you.

I scooted more towards Robert as the cab drove off to what I assumed was our hotel.

I looked out the window while Robert wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer into his chest.

I almost felt bad for doing this in front of Simon. I felt like it might make him upset, remind him of Elise.

And even though I didn't talk to him too much, or even have much of a relationship with him to begin with, I still cared for him. I truly did only want the best for him.

After about thirty awkward minutes of silence and sight seeing, we finally made it to our hotel.

We rushed out of the tiny cab, urging to be free from the crowdedness.

After unpacking, and unloading whatever else there was. Robert and I could finally relax.

We both laid on the single queen sized bed in the middle of the room, napping.

His hands rubbed my back gently and his forehead rested on mine. I could hear his light snore and see the way his mouth hung slightly open as he slept.

He was so perfect in every way, I really did love him.

When would I ever be able to tell him though, I thought.

I loved him dearly, but sometimes when I looked at him I couldn't help but be reminded of the many times the very same man traumatized me.

I can't help but remember how his head snapped off, or how he wouldn't stop whispering in my ear, or that time he chased me down the fucking street.

But I suppose all of this could be made up by how much the real Robert loved me.

He was always buying me little knickknacks and bringing me out on stage to show me off. He was always touching me, showering me in kisses.