79

Jennie

"I should have given Mino the green light to kill you." I muttered.

"I wish that you did."

I scoffed, infuriated. "Does Lisa the great detective want to die?"

"If I can't be with you, then yes, I want to die. If I can't have you by my side, then this life isn't worth living."

"That is fucking pathetic, Lisa."

"If I'm pathetic, then I'm pathetic for you. If I'm crazy, then I'm crazy for you. If you're not with me, Jennie, then I don't want to live in this world anymore. It's not worth it."

"You want to die?" I pulled out a knife from my pocket and placed it at her neck. "How should I kill you?" I sneered. "Should I carve the word liar across your chest?"

She didn't flinch or even show me a sign of hesitation as she reached up and placed my hand with the knife over her heart.

"Carve your name on my heart."

"Normally, men are the ones that want to carve their names."

She gave me a half smile, and her busted lip began bleeding again. "I think we've established that we're not normal."

"You'd want my name carved across your chest? Why?" I whispered.

"Because I love you, Jennie. I love you, and I'm yours. Go ahead. Carve your name right here. Let the world know that I belong to you, baby, that I'll always and only belong to you."

"You'd let me do this to you?"

"I'm not letting you, Jennie. I need you to. Go ahead, my pretty little devil. Show me who I belong to. Show me that I belong to you."

I couldn't hold back. I slapped her hard across her face.

"You asshole!" I cried. "You fucking asshole!"

"I know."

She kept her eyes on me as she took off her shirt and let it fall to the floor. She grabbed my hand again and placed the tip of the knife at her chest. My eyes shamelessly skirted over her chest, and I inhaled sharply at how gorgeous she was. Lisa's beauty always left me speechless, and despite my anger, I was still affected in the same way. They fell down to the scar on her side from when I stabbed her, and I stared at it for a moment too long.

"Go on." She encouraged.

"What does carving my name on your chest supposed to signify?" I murmured.

I peered up at her through my wet lashes, and her hand came up to wipe at my cheeks.

"It signifies whatever you want it to signify."

"It still doesn't make it okay."

"I know." She sighed, and I could feel the rise and fall of her chest beneath my touch. "I'm not a rich person, Jennie. I can't grovel by offering you diamonds and villas. I'm a humble person, a cop, and I live in an apartment that's probably smaller than your entire kitchen. I come from a middle-class family, and I love my family with all my heart."

She swallowed as if hating that she couldn't offer me what she wanted to offer me. What she thought she had to offer me.

"I don't want to buy your forgiveness, and I know that I'm not worthy of it, and of you, but I have the patience and all the time in the world to win you back. I came into this game thinking that it would be an easy seduction, but I proved myself wrong when I fell for you. I never even saw it coming, and it hit me like an earthquake. It shattered and shook me to my very core. I love you, Jennie. I love everything about you. That is all I have to offer to you. My love, devotion and my loyalty."

"What if I don't want to love you back?"

"That's okay. I can love us enough for the both of us. I have an overwhelming vessel of love for you. It's enough."

I gripped the knife tighter, and she removed her hand, giving me the space to move my hand freely. I steadied my hand on her chest and her breathing hitched in her throat when she felt the tip of the knife dig into her skin. She didn't wince from the pain as I moved the knife until the first letter was finished. Blood dripped down her chest, but she didn't even display an ounce of pain or regret.