72

Jennie

We walked to one of the guest rooms down the hall, and Mino opened the door for me. My dogs and I walked in, and all his men bowed their heads in respect once they saw me. Lisa was cuffed to the bed, awake and alive.

She was sitting up with bandages on her nose, face, and all over the rest of her body from where I stabbed and shot her. I walked closer to her, and she kept narrowed eyes on me until I reached her.

I saw her eyes skirt over to my cuts, bruises, and the marks around my neck. They softened, and as if feeling ashamed or disgusted, she dropped her head.

"Lisa Manoban. NYPD Detective. Badge number 2703." I recalled the information from memory. "But you're no longer a detective. I mean, Jiyong told me that there was some crazy ex-cop after me, but I didn't believe him."

At the mention of Jiyong's name, she strained against the cuffs and swore under her breath. I could see her struggling from the pain in her shoulder and side. I didn't regret it and knew I'd shoot and stab her all over again if I had to.

"You killed Jiyong, didn't you!?"

"No, Mino did, but it was under my orders. Jiyong was a dirty cop before I even got my hands on him. You should see what I had on him when I got him to work for me. He had a mercy kill."

She scoffed. "Mercy kill!? You're out of your fucking mind! What did he do? Get in your way!?"

My nose flared, and my hands balled into tight fists.

"He raped and killed an underage prostitute. She was sixteen years old. He murdered her in cold blood after raping her. Do you want the pictures of her body? Or the photo evidence from the surveillance cameras of him stabbing her body over and over again?"

She didn't respond. She stayed quiet, but her ego was huge as she kept glaring at me. She turned her head to the side, avoiding my gaze, and I grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at me.

"You think that you're all mighty and heroic because you're a detective, as if wearing that badge and saying your little oath automatically makes you a good cop. Well, it fucking doesn't."

I dropped her chin and pulled away from her, and went to lean on the wall beside her.

"I don't care about Jiyong. I care about Jackson."

"My men went to retrieve the phone. I had my analyst turn it back on and retrieve all the messages. I'll let you see for yourself."

"How do I know that you didn't tamper with it?" She asked.

"You don't."