66

Jennie

No matter how long I looked at the evidence in front of me, I couldn't believe it. Lisa wasn't an electrician but a detective of the NYPD. My men have been tailing her, and there was a man that she met with twice a week.

They took a photo, and Eddie ran it through his facial recognition system. The identification was clear. He was a detective, just like Lisa. I didn't know if they were working together on my case or if they were investigating a different case together.

Either way, Eddie was looking into it. I knew she couldn't be trusted, yet I trusted her. I knew someone was after me, but I didn't expect it to be her.

I felt betrayed and hurt, but the overall emotion I felt was anger. I was furious. My hands were shaking as I combed through the photos of Lisa in her police uniform, all decorated with medals and awards.

My fury came out as I ripped up every single photo. Mino watched me cautiously but didn't speak. My anger was justified. Lisa was a liar, and she was only using me to get close to me.

It has happened before, but I don't think I ever felt such pain. It hurt. My heart hurt. I wasn't going to cry over the betrayal but use my anger and hurt as fuel. I pulled out the blueprints of my estate and laid them out for Mino.

"I want security tripled. I need new but very discrete cameras here and here and at every entrance area. I need the clubs secured as well as all my other establishments. I need all your men on high alert, Mino. She thinks I'm stupid. She will regret every single word that she spoke to me."

And every emotion that she evoked in me.

"I'll kill her myself. No one takes the shot. Mino, not even if you have to. She is mine to kill."

"How do you want to approach the situation, boss?"

"She knows we don't trust her, but she doesn't know that we know she's a cop." I spat, tossing the file that Eddie produced for me on the table. "She really think that I wouldn't figure it out!" I slammed my hands down on the table. "She'll fucking pay for this mistake with her life."

"I knew we shouldn't have trusted her." Mino commented.

My jaw clenched at his comment. "Leave. I need a minute!" I said, pointing to the door, and he excused himself. My hands were shaking, and I let out a shout of frustration as I swept everything off my desk and onto the ground. I couldn't hold in my screams as I grabbed my chair and tossed it into the glass library.

My anger erupted like a volcano, and I became unhinged as I trashed my office. Lisa thought that she was so fucking slick with her charm. She really thought she could lie to me, use me, and betray me in the end. I'd prove her wrong.

I'd put a fucking bullet right between her eyes and have her head on a spike for everyone to see. She didn't have a reason to set out after me. I have never harmed her, but now I see that stupid cops didn't need a reason.

She wanted to be a hero, but little did she know that she'd only end up buried six feet under. I was going to make her regret the very moment she set her eyes on me.