68

Jennie

"Where is she?"

"In her house. She came home from the café at seven. It's nine, but she hasn't left the house yet. The lights are still on."

"Do you have the blueprints of her place with you?"

"Yes."

"Look at every single entrance and exit point and see if she could have left without you seeing. In ten minutes, if you sense no movement, I guarantee you that she's not at home." I said.

"Where are you, boss?"

"In my bedroom. Don't worry about me. Give me her exact location." I demanded, then hung up and tossed my phone. "Eros."

I ushered him close to me and petted the top of his head. I kissed his forehead, and he licked at my palm. I didn't know if Lisa had it in her to hurt my puppy, but I didn't want to put it past her.

"Go play downstairs." I ushered him out of my room, and he whined loudly and kept barking at me. "It's okay. It's okay. Just go, baby. I love you."

I forced him out and closed my bedroom. I could hear him scratching at my door and whining, but I ignored him.

I didn't know the extent Lisa would go to, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I took off my jeans and hoodie and slipped into some comfortable clothes, and kept two knives at my ankles and a gun at my back, and a smaller pistol on my front.

If she decided to attack me tonight, I'd be more than prepared. Ten minutes later, I got a message from Mino saying they were going to swarm her apartment.

I didn't reply; and instead worked on regulating my breathing. I wasn't scared of Lisa. I was scared of what I'd do to her when I got my hands on her. She was strong, but I was more flexible. She was fast, but I was faster.

How dare she choose me as a target? How dare she make me fall in love with her only for her to rip the rug out from underneath me? I could feel my heart hammering as I realised that I was in love with her. It wasn't possible.

No one fell in love this fast, and it felt cliché to be in love with a person who wanted to put me in jail or kill me. It made the pain in my heart and chest accelerate.

I was even angrier now that I realised what I felt for her. I turned off my bedroom lights and tried to calm my thoughts so I could hear everything.

I didn't know if she'd show up tonight or if she'd kill me the minute she had me, but I was going to be taking all the precautions. She got into my room once, and I knew she could do it again.

Fucking cop.