42

Jennie

There was a knock on the door, and then Beth walked inside holding a tray. "The tea is here!" She announced giddily.

Her tray consisted of two cups of tea and two slices of her berry cobbler. I tapped my foot and gave her an annoyed look that she pretended she couldn't see.

"Lisa, it's nice to see you again." She smiled as she set the tray down on the table. "Eros, Zeus, Hades, come here, boys. I've made you some doggy treats." The dogs perked up and ran to her. She gave me a not-so-secretive wink before leaving my bedroom.

"She likes me." Lisa said from behind me.

"She likes everyone." I muttered as I sat down on the chair and reached for my tea.

"Jennie." She came to where I was and knelt down at my legs. "I know why you're mad. Baby, I didn't mean to come into your room like this and trigger a horrible memory. I promise you that I only came in because I needed to see you. I knew you wouldn't let me in tonight, and I didn't want you to sleep while being mad at me." She reached for my hand and left a kiss at the top of it.

"You didn't trigger anything." I snatched my hand and pulled my legs up to my chest.

"Jennie, if you really want me to leave, I will. Look at me." Her finger softly went to my chin, and half-heartedly, I gave her my attention. "Say you want me to leave, and I will." I swallowed apprehensively and placed my hand on her wrist.

"Stay." It was so soft, so low, but I knew she heard it.

She stood up and brushed her lips on my forehead. My eyes fluttered shut of their own accord just from that kiss. She pulled away and sat down next to me. She reached for her slice and began eating it silently.

"Don't do it again." I whispered. "Don't just come into my room like that."

"I won't. I really am sorry. They wouldn't let me in to see you."

"I wasn't going to let you in."

"Because you were mad at me." She stated, but I didn't respond. "All I could do was compare her to you the entire time. Her hair was too brown, her eyes too blue, her smile too rigid, and her laughter was... nothing like yours. I don't know what we have, and I don't know what's really between us, but I promise you that I haven't been with another woman since you."

"I didn't have sex with a man. I lied, but I did hook up with a girl while I was there."

The fork in her hand fell and clattered on her plate. "A girl?"

"She's the man's secretary. She showed up at the business dinner meeting, and I was attracted to her. So, she spent the night at my hotel. Are you sweating, Lisa?"

She laughed nervously and wiped at her forehead. "No, it's just that I didn't know you were..."

"I'm not. I thought she was beautiful, and the attraction was there, so we had a night. That's it. It's not something that requires a label." I set my teacup down and reached for my slice of cobbler. "If you're bothered by it, let me know."

"Not bothered. I think you just caught me off-guard. Did you cuff her, too?"

I laughed and shook my head. "No, Lisa, I did not."

Her phone dinged, and she pulled out her phone to look at the notification. "It says that you're performing tomorrow night." She flashed me her screen.

"Yeah, I am. You've got to give the fans what they want." She was grinding so hard on her teeth that it was hilarious. "Let me guess; you don't want me dancing for anyone." I laughed.

"It's not funny."

"It's hilarious. We have sex once, and now all of a sudden, you what? You own my body? I own my body, Lisa. You're following the social account for my clubs. You're going to sit there and tell me that you don't go to them and look at my dancers. Don't be so hypocritical." I scoffed.

"That night I was there because I had to be. It was a friend's bachelor party. I was on my way out when I saw you. You're the only reason I stopped and watched. You're the reason I'm even following these damned accounts."

"Thank you, but you still don't get to tell me what to do. I'm a free woman, Lisa, and I don't belong to anyone but myself. Plus, I love dancing. How about this?" I stood up and went to sit on her lap. Straddling her, I gripped the collar of her shirt. "Come and watch me dance tomorrow night, and when everyone leaves, I'll give you a special dance."

"Last time you danced for me, you cuffed me. It wasn't much fun."

"We'll make a deal. I won't cuff you when I dance. Maybe you can show me how much you like it when I dance." I whispered and trailed my hand down to her pants. "I'd like to see that."

"How do you seal your deals?" She asked with a grin.

Leaning closer to me, her eyes darted down to my lips, and I inhaled sharply when her fingers traced them. She brought her fingers back to her mouth and wetted them on her tongue, then repeated the tracing motion. I shuddered when she leaned in closer to me. Her forehead pressed to mine, and she removed her fingers as she ghosted her lips over mine. She didn't move an inch, and neither did I. I could feel her breath on my lips, hear her heavy breathing that mingled in with mine. Her eyes were open, intense, and watching me.

"No kissing." I said breathlessly.

"Not even a peck?" She whispered. Her tongue peeked out, and she licked my bottom lip.

"No."

"I want a taste of your mouth, Jennie. Just a small taste." She begged. She licked my bottom lip again and then kissed my chin. "Come on, baby, close the distance. Kiss me. Taste my mouth."

I went to the back of her head and yanked on her hair so her head fell back, and I towered over her.

"Open your mouth." I demanded, and her lips parted with a groan. I spit in her mouth, and her body shook with a guttural sound as she swallowed. I slapped her face and her eyes shined, and I could feel just how much she enjoyed this.

"There's your small taste."

"Devil woman." She rasped.