Expecting Thirty

EXPECTING THIRTY

"I'M SORRY" Daddy said after telling us the whole truth why he choose to left us.

I don't know how to react, I don't know what I'm going to feel! After knowing the truth! After knowing everything! After knowing what happened? After knowing who's behind to all of this?!

I was hurt! For the young Finley—who's faced the hard truth. I grow up hating and blaming my father that he's the reason why our family fall apart, why Mommy cried every night.

For my brother—who's deeply hurt and didn't know why our family is falling apart. For my mother—who always overthink and question her self worth, what did she do wrong? Is she a bad wife and mother?

And lastly, for my father—who got trap into a plan, he didn't want to leave us but in order to save us, he left us. I think of how he blamed himself everyday because he leave us, how he tried to be strong everyday while we're hating him and blaming him.

I stood up and held my father's hand, "Come with us, Daddy. Mommy needs to know everything and see you" I said, my brother agreed while our Father is double thinking.

"Your mother might hate me, and she didn't expect that I'm still here" Daddy said, I wipe my tears. I know my make up is now ruin, "Mommy understand" Francho said and Daddy nodded.

I held Daddy's arms, while Daddy's other arms is on Francho's shoulder. Naabutan namin ang mga kaibigan namin sa salas, Ashantie's crying and Sapphire's eyes telling us the regrets and pleading.

"We're going now, thank you for letting us know the truth" I said, I let go of Daddy. Francho guide Daddy towards the main door. "Veronica" Ashton called me, I look at him with just tiredness and pain written in my eyes.

"I want to process everything, I never expected it. Not now, I can handle myself. Thank you" I said, Kenchie went to me and guide me. Nagpaalam na lang ako sa kanila at dumiretso na sa labas, baka bukas ko na lang sila kakausapin after ng mga nalaman ko ay di ko alam kung paano ipoproseso lahat!

May dalang kotse si Kenchie kaya doon kami sumakay, Kenchie is the driver, Francho is on the passenger seat. Me and Daddy are in the backseat, I held Daddy's hand telling him it's okay.

I get my bag and get my phone, I saw message from Mommy, Tito Kenneth, and Ashton. I first open Mommy's message and Tito Kenneth's message.

< — Mommy

Today 10;09 pm

Where are you?
Are you with your brother?

Today 10:10 pm

Are you okay?

Today 10:17 pm

Ashton already told me that you're with him, and your with your brother and Ken.
Take care okay? Get home early, I know your exhausted darling.

< — Papa Kenneth

Today 10:10 pm

Anak, nasan ka?
Kasama mo ba si Kenchie?
You all are fine?

Today 10:15

Message me if you're all safe okay?
Take care, anak

I know they are worried, Francho already told me that he already messaged Mommy and Papa. They are all expecting our arrival, Daddy's arrival. Hindi ko binuksan ang message ni Ashton, wala pa ako sa wisyo!