Chapter 96

Saphira walked towards the gondola, hand in hand, with Optimus. She really could not believe that the autobots had decided to do this. She didn't even know where they would have gotten the materials, but this was just wonderful. She did wonder how long they had been planning this, as she knew that the wreckers, Barricade and Ironhide would leave for a couple days in the last few months before they would come back. But Optimus had obviously left to make final touches to this, and she was so glad that she was brought here.

She turned to Optimus as happy tears filled her eyes. "This has to be one of the most amazing gifts you have given me, Optimus. I never thought we would even come back here again. We made so many good memories here, and I am glad that we can come back to create new ones." She kissed him, rubbing his cheeks as she cupped them with her hands. "And I don't know when you decided to do this, but I am glad." She glanced at the emerald pieces that were wrapped around the frame of the gondola. "And you must have spent a long time looking for all those emerald shards to make that. They're not polished, but they're still perfect."

Optimus just chuckled softly with a gentle hum. "I suppose we did. But there were many shards that were easy to find among the grass and in the pond. And yes, they have not been polished to be set in a piece of jewellery, but they don't need to be. Just like you." He kissed her again and she left out a soft moan against his lips. "You are as beautiful as the morning sun."

She grinned at him before she pulled away. "Well, I hope you have some food. I am feeling quite hungry. I don't want to spend the entire day on empty."

She turned her head when she heard a chuckle. She smiled as she saw an overweight, middle-aged man with a brown beard and brown hair walking over with a cigar in his mouth. "You need not worry about breakfast, little lady. Ratchet and I have made sure to bring enough food to feed you for a few days while we camp here." He walked over to a BBQ that was set up by the gondola. "Come on, doc! Let's get cranking! We don't want our birthday girl go without her breakfast."

Saphira giggled, looking at Ratchet as she saw his holoform walking over. He was holding a cooler that contained the food and ingredients they had brought. "Calm your engine, Hound." He looked over at Saphira as he placed the cooler on an empty bench and opened it. "How does chocolate and strawberry pancakes sound?"

Saphira felt her stomach growl immediately in response to the question, and she smiled at him. "My stomach says that sounds wonderful. You might need to put some frozen yogurt on the side with that one...and fruit to make it lighter and not overly sweet."

Ratchet nodded as he and Hound got to work on making her some breakfast. Saphira looked at Optimus with a smile. "And I might go and get changed. Maybe you and I can sit in the water while we wait for them to finish making me breakfast."

Optimus smiled as he nodded in agreement, while his full form transformed suddenly. Saphira looked at his full mode as Optimus reached down to give her the duffle bag. "I suspect you might like to sit on my chassis while we enjoy the early morning."

Saphira nodded as she took the bag from him and walked over to the tent. She looked at the tent with a smile as she really thought it was so nice and romantic to have fairly lights around the top of the tent. And when she opened the tent, she saw there were star shaped lights above the raised mattress. She was also surprised by a small set of drawers that she could use, and she spotted on the table a heart shaped box of chocolates.

She shook her head in amusement as she stepped inside to get herself changed. She felt really special at the moment, even if today was not actually her birthday. The autobots really knew what they were doing, especially Optimus. She smiled as she changed out the clothes she was wearing and slipped on a purple swimsuit that was backless. She thought about slipped a shirt over the top, but she shrugged. She was about to get in the pond with Optimus.