Chapter 50

Saphira smiled as the aroma of the food made her stomach growl. She had finished boiling the potatoes and moved them into a slow cooker before using a stick mixer to pull the potatoes and added the cheddar and herbs to the pot to cook. She loved the aroma coming from it while she worked on the other food. She was making up the cottage pie filling with pulled beef, gravy and vegetables. She had not started the pasta yet, but that was to happen soon.

Her phone buzzes as she added some basil to the filling and picked it up. "Hello, Lennox. What is the verdict?"

"It was definitely a good thing those cameras had speakers, we saw and heard everything," Will said in an excited tone. "When Theodore realized it, he became so squeamish. He has been fired from his position with no government benefit and he is no longer on the base."

"That is the outcome that we have wanted," Saphira said with a chuckle. "I am glad he will no longer be a problem." She hoped for that anyway, but she wasn't so sure. "That's one less problem to deal with."

"It certainly is. How's your cooking going? I can hear something sizzling, maybe I should drop in for a bite." Lennox was genuinely curious as he knew Saphira enjoyed cooking.

"It's going well. I'm about to finish the cottage pie filling and scoop it into a couple pie dishes, cover it with mashed potato and put it into the oven." Saphira breathed in the aroma with a smile. "It smells good. I'll be making the pasta next, and I'll pretty much be satisfied for today."

"That sounds delicious!" Will compliments enthusiastically. "I might stop by later today. I have some more news that you might be upset by, but I won't tell you over the phone." Saphira's mind immediately went to Optimus. "Don't worry, it isn't about your precious autobot, it is about something else. So don't feel too worried about it...just be prepared to get annoyed at some superiors."

Saphira frowned a little, not knowing what the man meant, but she guessed it was probably something ridiculous. "Okay...thanks for the heads up."

"No worries, I'll be there in about an hour," Will said gently. "I'm just glad we got rid of that son of a bitch." Saphira giggled softly at Will. "Ah, I gotta go. I need to sign some paperwork."

Will hangs up and Saphira placed the phone down and filled some pie dishes with the filling, covered the top with mashed potato and put them into the over to cook. She cleaned up what she was no longer using before she began making the pasta sauce, using parmesan, blue cheese, smoked cheddar and mozzarella as the four cheeses she chose for the sauce. She stood at the stove as she stirred the sauce, adding the milk, cream and flour needed to the sauce, and to ensure it would thicken without curdling.

She did wonder what Will needed to talk to her about. With Galloway gone...Saphira pondered if there had been changes to her arrangements. That seemed to be the most likely thing that she would need to discuss. She hoped the changes were not too drastic as she was only just getting into a routine with it all. She sighed a little, this was turning out to be a long, information filled day.

Especially as she knew that the decepticons probably won't be too thrilled to know that Galloway has lost his position, and it would be his own fault. Saphira shuddered at that thought. She wished she had some way to communicate with Optimus, she desperately wanted to talk to him with what is on her mind. He was on a mission.

I could talk to Ratchet again...

But it was not the same. Saphira found herself feeling very down suddenly. With no presence of her precious Optimus, she honestly felt like the days might just drag until the day he comes home. She wished she was with him and helping with the missions. She knew she was no soldier...but she well and truly has faced the decepticons head on and went outside the boundary of chain of command that the soldiers were bound by. Saphira hoped that someday there would be no military, no government that the autobots should listen to and that they could be free.