Chapter 6

Saphira stared out the window as Bumblebee drives along the road back to the house. Saphira did not know if she should be nervous right now or not. If the government found out about Optimus Prime and the other autobots...Saphira did not want to think about that. Nonetheless, she was having a hard time wrapping her mind around all of this. After all, she still could not believe Archibald Witwicky met one of the giant beings, and did something stupid that caused his glasses to be imprinted. She wondered if that was the reason why he went insane. It would explain it, but the man had died long ago, so there was no way for Saphira to ask him. She did ponder her grandfather's words too, considering he told her there was an important secret for her to carry for the rest of her life. If that meant something to do with the autobots and decepticons, how did he get involved with it?

Argh! So many questions and no answers to give!

She sighed deeply, rubbing her forehead in frustration. "You look stressed." Came the sentence from the radio.

"Stressed? He, I'm a bit way beyond stressed Bumblebee." Saphira crossed her arms across her chest and frowned at the dash. "I mean, how can anyone expect to be calm and collected when they literally just got told by a giant robot that the world depends on them and some stupid glasses? I don't know how my grandfather got them in the first place."

"Destiny has a way of showing itself when we least expect it."

"Oh...if this was to be my destiny, I wish I would have known. Maybe I would have gotten rid of Witwicky's files and glasses when I was given them." She glanced at the side mirrors, Optimus was right behind Bumblebee following him through the city back to the house. "I suppose I can say I got to meet you...that's the bonus."

"It most certainly is. I too am glad to meet you."

Saphira did hope that they would not just disappear once she gives them the glasses. They would end up on her list of people who have used her and vanished, and she definitely would not be happy about that. She didn't know if she could be friends with them or not, but right now, saving the world appeared to be more important.

"Curious though...if Witwicky found Megatron in the ice of the Arctic many years ago...would that stand to reason that Megatron is still there?" Saphira asked curiously, wondering if that decepticon truly would be a threat right now. "If he is, it means we don't have to worry about him right?"

"I cannot answer that properly I am afraid. Megatron may still be frozen, but he can be thawed and revived."

And maybe by that time, it would be too late for him. Saphira hoped that was the case because it made sense. She didn't know if anyone else has come across Megatron in the Arctic yet or not, but as far as she knew, that was unlikely. But if the government found it, they definitely would not tell the world about it. So it really could be either way.

"Ma'am, prepare for arrival."

She blinked as she saw Bumblebee turning right into the alleyway behind the row of houses that were the neighbours of her parent's house. She breathed in and out deeply, it was now or never. She just had to remember where she put those glasses. When she came home with Bumblebee, she had placed the bag in her room and taken everything out of it, including the glasses in their case. As far as she knew, it was sitting on her desk in her room. It should be as simple as running up to her room and handing over the glasses out the window. At least, that is what she hoped for.

Bumblebee came to a stop and Saphira stepped out of the car, turning to face all of them. "Give me five minutes, I remember what I did with the glasses so I should be in and out very quickly. Please, just stay put."

"Just hurry Saphira!" Came Optimus's rough voice through his own speakers from inside the Peterbuilt.

She rolled her eyes as she turned away and ran towards the house. She shakes her head as the outside lights were not on again, but her parents were still awake. She could see the light on in the living room. She ran up to the back door and stopped for a moment, dabbing her face with her jacket to wipe off any sweat she might have before stepping inside.