Chapter 70

Driving into the hangar, Saphira held onto Optimus as he kept his holoform arms around her body. She felt very safe and sound right now, but she also did not know what to expect at the moment. She had a lot to say to Optimus, and she knew things won't be what he would want to hear. But they needed to be said. She observed his body language though he didn't really have much for her read from. Optimus kept his emotions hidden a lot of the time, and she could really only rely on the bond at the moment. Which he was hiding his anger from her, as she already knew based on what he had said before.

Optimus stopped after he drove through to the middle of hangar. Looking ahead, sitting on a table, was a piece of technology Saphira never had seen before. She was going to assume this was the ship part that Optimus was talking about. It was a round object with numerous connections that showed it had been ripped out of something that it was attached to. She didn't know how long ago though, but she did assume at least as far back as the Apollo mission.

"That's the part you were talking about?" Saphira asked, glancing at Optimus as the leader nodded affirmatively. She looked ahead as she saw Mearing and Lennox walking towards them. "You know, I think being angry about it is unnecessary." He looked at her in surprise. "That thing was not in US hands, so they probably did not know about it."

"I am afraid we do not know that," Optimus responded in a blunt, but gentle tone. "I can understand your reasoning, Saphira, but it looks different to us. To me. It seems like there are some things about transformer history on this planet is kept in the dark." She glanced away as she knew that she was doing that to him too, but only because her job allowed her to do things to help them in the future. "Do not be worried about it, Saphira. I only want to know why."

Saphira looked at Mearing and Lennox as they get closer to the table. She did not know how things were going to go today at all but she would get to see it at least. She could see Wheeljack speaking with Lennox briefly as he and Mearing got closer. She couldn't hear what was being said as the windows were closed. But she noticed his holoform disappear and the windows wind down enough for her hear what is being said.

"He's in a bad mood," Dino warned the two humans. "He's not talking to anybody today." She glanced out the window and Dino winked at her as the autobots were fully aware she was with Optimus.

Mearing seemed to be surprised as she looked at Optimus curiously. "What is this? The silent treatment?" The woman was obviously not buying it, and yet, Saphira heard Optimus growl gently, which meant he did not appreciate the woman's response.

"We've seen that, and this is not that," Ironhide responded, and Saphira raised an eyebrow. If this wasn't the silent treatment, what would it be called? "This is worse." The bot turned to Optimus and slammed his fist on the roof, making Saphira jump in surprise. "Prime! Make something of yourself!" In response, Optimus began to transform and Saphira gasped as he held onto her while he transformed. "He's pissed."

Saphira kept hold of Optimus's hand as he placed her on his shoulder once he transformed. Mearing glanced at Saphira in surprise before looking back at Optimus's optics as Prime slammed his fists down in frustration as he spoke to the woman. "You lied to us! Everything humans know of our planet we were told had been shared." He points to the engine part as Mearing. "So why was this found in human possession?!" At least Ironhide was right, Optimus is pissed.

Mearing frowned at Optimus's accusation. "We were in the dark on this also. It was 'Director Only' clearance at Sector Seven until now. It interests me that you think while we have given you what we know, you would be upset when we discover something else on this planet that has any connection to your world. I cannot imagine how you would be if we had just discovered the glasses if you were already here on this planet." Saphira rolled her eyes at little and Mearing looked at her curiously. "And when did you end up with Optimus?"