Chapter 94

Waking up from such a deep sleep was incredibly difficult. The strong feeling of grogginess was enough to make her want to stay asleep. But she was waking up laying in something soft and warm. A familiar presence was beside her, but she did not take notice of who it was just yet. She was still trying to make herself wake up. She heard voices around her. They were speaking quietly to each other as they made sure they did not wake her. But she listened as the recognized some of the voices. And she was confused. She opened her eyes slowly. She had no idea where she was, but she saw the oxygen mask and she knew she was in a hospital. She blinked as her eyes were still blurry. She could see the grey ceiling above her, an IV bag hanging on a stand beside her bed and she could just see some balloons as well. She had been visited.

She blinked some more as her vision cleared up and she saw them. She first saw Bumblebee, his holoform, at the end of the bed talking with Barricade. She at first thought she was dreaming. She saw their ship get blown up. She clenched her eyes shut for a moment and reopened them, and saw they were still there. And as she glanced her eyes around, she saw the others. Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Dino, Topspin, Leadfoot, Roadbuster and, she even saw, Wheelie and Brains. They were currently watching Star Trek on the TV while chatting among themselves.

However, she was distracted by the warmth of a familiar presence to her right. She turned her head slightly, and she saw him. Optimus. His holoform with his strong, wide jaw, broad shoulders with a proud, muscular body that she had always enjoyed eyeing. He seemed to be wearing just a blue and red singlet, and she saw new scars that he had not had there before. She did not know if she believed this, but she then she remembered Lennox carrying her out of the tower she viewed as a prison. And Optimus was there. She just vaguely remembered reaching out and grabbing his fingers, not knowing if he was truly alive.

He's alive...he's alive...I can't believe it.

Saphira smiled a little, swallowed as she knew she had to say something. Optimus was staring at Saphira's hand, and she noticed that he looked like he was tired. Guilt and sadness filled his expression, and she could feel his feelings through the bond. She smiled a little before she began to send love through the bond. Optimus blinked and frowned in confusion until he felt Saphira's fingers curl around his hand and he turned his head to look at her face. She smiled weakly at him as his optics lock with her eyes. "Optimus..."

"You're awake!" Optimus sounded so relieved as he moved the chair closer as he leaned forward. All the autobots were quick to look at Saphira as soon as they hear him. Optimus smiled as he placed his hand on her cheek, making her turn her head to press her cheek into his palm gently. "I am so happy you have awoken."

She smiled as she tried to nuzzle him before she lifts her other hand weakly to her face with a frown. "Can I take this off? I can breathe on my own." She swallowed saliva again as she grabbed at the mask. "I am thirsty."

"Wait until we get the doctor in to check," Ratchet said to Saphira as he walked towards the door quickly. "I will inform them that you are awake. These past two days have been so long!" He smiled at her before he walked out of the room quickly.

"Two days?" Saphira had no idea she had been out for two days. She looked at Optimus as he nodded affirmatively, staring at him as she held his hand tightly. She was happy to see him, but she was still not understanding. "But you're alive, Optimus. I stood on the pier...I watched..."

"I am deeply sorry for causing you such pain and grief, Saphira," Optimus purred in a profound, apologetic tone. "I never meant for this to happen. I had wanted to tell you the plan. However..." He placed his hand on her wrist where the watch had been. "I saw what was on your wrist. You had compromised."

Saphira glanced down at her arm, remembering the little parasite wrapped around her wrist. She shivered as she really did not like remembering it. "I am...s-s-surprised you noticed. But I guess you realized what it was, and you told a lie." Optimus nodded as guilt filled his expression. Tears fill her eyes and she let out a light sob. "You hurt me, Optimus."