Chapter 20

Following the yellow Camaro through the city, Optimus observed they were heading towards a part of the city that had more open areas, homes with large acres and it seemed to be a far quieter, nicer neighbourhood than the one Saphira had lived in before. It was really nice, and he looked forward to seeing the place she now called home.

"I see you found a place to get away from the city," Optimus commented throw the speakers. "It seems like a really nice area. A little further than I would like from the emerald field though. You and I should go there."

"That sounds really nice," Saphira responded, really happy by the idea of spending time again with Optimus. "And since I don't have any school anymore, and I don't move to Princeton for several weeks, we have plenty of time to spend with each other. Unless..." She placed had hands on her hips with a curious expression. "I am wrong. I was told we would talk about it more when we get to my home."

"That is correct, Lennox wishes to talk to you about it himself." Optimus did not sound to thrilled about that. Bee turned off the road into a driveway that lead through an opened gate and ahead was the two-story home. "Wow, very nice."

"Yes, it is really nice. Private too, so transforming won't be a problem for you." Saphira chuckled softly as the approach the house. She glanced towards the garden where the eight garden beds were. "Too bad you weren't here when I was growing a lot of food."

"Growing food huh?" Optimus sounded rather surprised by that. "That would have been fascinating to observe." He came to a stop as they reached the entrance to the garage. "I see there is a shed big enough for me."

Saphira nodded with a chuckle, opening the door and climbing out of the cab. She stepped away and Optimus began to transform. "Well...this is where I have been living for the last year."

Lennox and Robert step out of the GMC cab, looking up at the house with smiles on their faces. "This is really nice. Not very modern, but it is a modest house. I see you have some garden beds over there." Lennox points towards the raised garden beds and Saphira nodded. "Did you get into gardening huh?"

"Yeah, it also helped a lot with the food bill," Saphira said with a smile. "Bee had a great time learning about it too. It took some trial and error for me to get used to gardening as well."

"I bet it did." Lennox hummed for a moment and noticed an outdoor sitting area of the house. "How about some lunch huh?"

She grinned and shrugged. "Sure, I have a salad made up and ready to eat, hope you don't mind. It has lettuce, tomatoes, walnuts, apples and chicken in it with balsamic vinegar."

"That sounds delicious," Robert said with a smile. "I think that will be just fine."

She chuckled and walked towards the front door to head to the kitchen while the men and autobots relaxed outside. She walked over to the fridge to grab out the large bowl of the salad, plates, forks and she grabbed out three sodas for them to have. She walked out to the patio area where they were waiting.

"I hope you don't mind coke," Saphira said, placing the cans on the table as she laid out the plates and utensils. "I am not yet old enough for beer."

"This is completely fine." Will picked up a bowl as Saphira uncovered the bowl and he filled his plate with the salad. "That smells really good." He filled the bowl and sat back down to relax. "Princeton huh? Did you always want to go to an Ivy League college?"

Saphira shrugged. "I didn't really set a goal for that. I knew I would get in regardless anyway. But...I will be studying astronomy while I am there. I have considered Spanish...but I don't want to pay money for something I can learn on my own."