Chapter 15

When morning came around the following day, Saphira felt reluctant to get out of bed. She had to go to school...she hated that she had to instead of staying in the garage and spending time with them. She didn't even feel like doing her usual yoga today. Plus, when she checked the time, she realized she wouldn't have time to do it anyway as she overslept. So, when she got up she grabbed some eggs and sausages to cook up for breakfast. She considered sticking her head out to let the autobots know she was up, but she would wait on that one.

However, it seemed her movement had not gone unnoticed as she heard a light knock on the door and Ratchet opened the door, the silver-haired man peered in curiously. "Good morning. Are you not going to go do your yoga?"

"I have no time for that, I overslept." She shrugged a little and grabbed the loaf of bread to grab two slices to put into the toaster. "Morning to you too. I just need to make breakfast and get myself ready. School starts in a couple hours."

"Really? That doesn't seem like much time for you to do anything in the morning," Ratchet comments in surprise, rubbing his chin lightly. "I know Ironhide isn't thrilled doing drop-off duty, but with Barricade hanging around, we just can't be slagging off like nothing."

She chuckled a little at the choice of words, but she understood. Ironhide was more into fighting than being a babysitter. "You can always let me take myself or Bumblebee."

"No, Optimus has insisted Ironhide goes with you as well. He is the second strongest here, so naturally he goes with you. And he can kill Barricade with no issue." Ratchet watched Saphira push the bread into the toaster and turn back to the pan to keep cooking her breakfast.

Saphira was not going to argue. She grabbed a plate as the eggs and sausages were ready, she lifts them out onto the plate and turned off the stove top just as the toast pops up. She grabs the slices to butter them before she sat down to begin eating. She glanced at the door as Bee walked over to peer into the room curiously.

"You can come in and sit if you would like," Saphira said, gesturing to the free chairs in the room. "You can have your energon cubes if you would like."

"Thanks Saphira, but we are fine," Ratchet said gently with a smile. "But can I ask why is there so many different foods that humans can eat?"

"You're asking me that? How would I know?" She chuckled a little as that question really was a hard one to answer. "Honestly, I think the Earth just developed so many kinds of edible foods that we humans enjoy having variety."

"That makes sense, still, it just seems like a lot." The medic watched as Saphira took a bite of the bread she had dipped into the yoke. He just shrugged, not understanding it at all.

"It is a shame you can't spend the day with us Saphira," Bee said in a sad tone, looking at her sadly. "I know you would rather be here with us."

"Yeah...not much I can do though. Important exams are coming up as it will be the end of the school year in a few months. Next year is my last of high school before I go onto college..." Saphira paused as she thought about that. She wouldn't have anyone at her graduation, she already received hints she would be the one to make the speech at graduation, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. "I'll have to ask Lennox if you guys can come to my graduation. Everyone else will have their parents there, I won't. So...it'll be nice having someone there."

"You know I will be there!" Bumblebee exclaimed, placing his arm across his chest to show he would promise to be there. "I won't let you down."

"I know you will be, but everyone else. Even when your new friends arrive, and I get to meet them, they could be there too." Saphira even considered asking Lennox to be there. After all, the way he treated her before was something like a father should actually do. She missed that sorely in her life. "It's a bit over a year away though."