Chapter 61

A few weeks pass since her birthday, and a lot has happened during this time. The day after her birthday, Saphira had wanted to clean up her grandfather's house. The autobots were eager to help. The first thing that went out of the house was the witch statue. It scared her again when she went back in, and she was annoyed it still scared her each time so it was the first thing to go. There was carpet that really needed to be ripped up, so that was the next thing and they scrapped off the remains of the carpet after it revealed really nice timber floors underneath. The autobots were intrigued as Saphira made a list of things she needed to improve the house itself, which meant a trip into town to buy them.

Optimus also removed the shed that Saphira had asked him to remove, and the Firebird was indeed still on the property. The paint was faded and peeling, and it needed to be completely stripped and repainted. The tyres were flat, and Saphira knew she had a lot of work to do on it. But she needed a new shed to even work on the car, not just tools and car parts. The bots were intrigued by the car as they had first thought it was a transformer, which could have been the reason why it was his favorite car, but it wasn't the case.

Saphira had Optimus and Ironhide come with her into town to help haul the necessary items she needed to fix up the house. Bee and Barricade came too, as they wanted to help, and Saphira was fine with loading things into their vehicle forms to bring back. Ironhide primarily had heavy items in the tray, while the others did not. Optimus would have used his trailer, but it was not an empty trailer since it was something Optimus used for fighting.

Saphira had purchased a sanding machine, wood treatments, new furniture, tiles to replace the old bathroom tiles with, a new stove, fridge and so on. She had the water and power reconnected with the property, and she also bought another car. The autobots knew she would as Saphira would need one. She actually purchased a Silverado and a trailer to haul additional stuff to the property, which has been very helpful. The autobots helped her in the house, and outside the house. The gutters were filled with leaves, the windows needed cleaning and Saphira intended on repainting the outside of the house too.

It was a lot of work, but she enjoyed it. The autobots enjoyed it, and that was mostly because they would find ways to goof off from the actual work. Such as Bumblebee throwing a bucket of water at her when she was outside scrubbing a table that was in the house that really needed to be cleaned. That turned into an all out water war, and everyone joined in. That was just part of what happened of course.

Saphira's injuries had healed very well in this time. The autobots made sure she wasn't pushing herself too hard as they helped with the heavy lifting, and she appreciated it. She did eventually open the door to the master bedroom, and it was daunting to her. The queen bed was still present and unchanged, along with very old clothes that Everett owned still in the closet. She had to get rid of these as the bed frame was falling apart, the mattress had rat and moth damage to it, and the clothes were not something she could use or keep. She mostly kept photos, photo albums and a few statues. There wasn't anything else she really kept.

She still made sure to keep the house is relatively the same as much as possible, but it desperately needed a renovation. Having the autobots here helped tremendously, and she had most of the house finished with the renovations after two weeks. She was now focusing on having the new shed put up. Currently, the cement slab was down, and it had dried, and the frame of the shed was put up. Now it just needed the walls, roof and doors to be completed.

Saphira was currently relaxing on the porch, holding a cup of coffee as she stared at the trees. It was early morning, and the sun was rising. She was currently alone on the property as Lennox had reached out to congratulate Saphira on turning eighteen, but also needed to have speak with Optimus privately. She gave him permission to do that on her property away from the house as she had no intention of getting involved with military matters. So she was able to enjoy some coffee on the patio of a renovated house.