Chapter 3

Driving the camaro back to the house felt really good. The loud rumble of the engine was like music to her ears. She was very tempted to test the wheels out properly because a new muscle car was fun to drive. Saphira parked the car in the driveway as her father had driven ahead of her and parked his car in the garage. He told her since the car was old it could stay outside. She wasn't worried by that at all, she was not going to be home for very long. As far as her parents were concerned, she would be heading out for work. She went upstairs to get changed into a fake uniform she was able to put together and head back downstairs. Her mother, Lisa, had just arrived home. Unlike Saphira, her mother had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair, and she had tanner skin than Saphira as well. Saphira often thought she was adopted because she looked different from her parents, but her grandfather did tell her otherwise.

Saphira stepped out of the backdoor with a smile, twirling the keys around her finger as she approached the camaro. "I see you and your father picked out a car today. Nice ride Saphira." Lisa looked at the camaro with a smile as she approached the house with a bag of groceries. "Was this really four grand?"

"Actually, it was five, Saphira threw in another grand to get it," Michael said, stepping out of the door to peer out at them. Lisa looked at both of them in surprise. "But Saphira really liked the car, so I guess it is okay. She's going to work now, she doesn't have to walk now."

"How wonderful! Alright, well, have a good time tonight honey!" Lisa smiled and walked past her towards the house. "Your father and I are not going out tonight sadly, we were not able to get reservations. But we will probably be in bed when you get home."

"Okay, I will see you a bit later." Saphira gave them a quick wave and opened the driver side door, getting into the car and starting it, smiling as the roar of the engine filled her ears. "Alright, time to take you to my second home."

She drives onto the road, glad she did not have to walk three blocks now. She tapped her fingers on the steering wheel while thinking about the modifications to her new ride. She thought it was a little hilarious that she already owned a camaro, but at least she had two now. She drove through the streets until she reached the garage. She pressed the button to the autodoor and opened it, smiling as the other cars inside were revealed. She drove it in slowly and parked it, turning it off. She stepped out and closed the garage door, arching her back with a sigh.

"Well...at least you fit right in with my crew," Saphira said casually to the car, looking down at it thoughtfully. "I still have time until a race meet tonight. So..." She rubbed her chin for a moment before she walked over to her desk and pulled out an A4 piece of paper and sat down in front of the camaro and began to sketch the entire car. "Let's see what I can do to you. I don't need to do anything to the engine." For some people, it might seem very strange for her to be talking to the car, but she found herself enjoy talking with all of her cars. She glanced at the paint colour of the car. "Hmm...it's a bumblebee colour...oh! That might be just what I will call you. This means I might need some bright yellow neons...gold rims..." She chuckled as she began to draw up her plans for the car. "Five grand well spent."

While Saphira sketched the car and spoke about what she intended on doing to the car, she had no idea what she was getting herself into at all. The camaro sat there silently, listening to her speak to him like she already knew him. It was a surprisingly nice experience. But he did not know what she meant by race meet. And the four cars sitting in the garage already made him think she would not always be taking him.

Saphira did not spend so long on it as she finished off her plans for now and pinned the sketch to a board before heading into the small room of the garage to get changed. Saphira opened the wardrobe she had hear and pulled out a tight, black, bodycon dress to slip on and a pair of black heels. She pulled her hair back into a mermaid braid and applied makeup to her face. She smiled at herself in the mirror as she enjoying applying the foundation, contour and eye shadow, she did paused for a moment when she thought she heard someone walking around in the garage. That was strange, no one else should be here. She shrugged and finished applying her makeup and sprayed on some perfume. She grabbed her purse and threw it over her shoulders and walked out into the garage towards the Camaro SS.