Chapter 18

School felt like a big drag today. Saphira could barely keep her mind on the classes, her mind was on the autobots. Well, more specifically, Optimus Prime. His attentiveness and gentleness towards her intrigued her, especially after this morning. She had not realized her hair had interested him until he touched it. It was quite endearing. However, Saphira couldn't help but wonder why. It definitely came across he liked her more than a friend, although she had to remember he wasn't from Earth so his actions might not be that. It just simply felt that way though. Especially that the spot Optimus had found really felt romantic a lot, and Saphira found herself yearning to be with him alone. She was questioning her own feelings about it as well, mostly because she was confused. She figured she would work out those feelings eventually, but for now she would just go on as she is now.

When school finally finished, Saphira was waiting outside the school, leaning against the wall quietly as she waited for Optimus or Ironhide to pick her up. She kept an eye out for Sophia in case she tried to do something again, that girl had been mocking her with her still injured elbows for the past week, even though she ran when Ironhide approached her. Though, Saphira didn't really blame her. His holoform is rather intimidating like his full form is, even a buffed man would probably tremble upon seeing him. Still, Saphira would rather keep out of trouble if she could help it.

But, it just was not her lucky day when the girl spotted her as she walked down the stairs. "Well, well, well..." Saphira rolled her eyes, annoyed at that voice from Sophia. "Waiting for your pickup again? That's too bad!"

"What do you want Sophia?" Saphira responded in a dull, bored voice. "Do you have nothing better to do with your time?"

"Oh, of course!" Sophia reacted as though Saphira had a offended her as she placed her hand on her chest in shock. "I can't believe you said that. You know I'm a busy girl! I am going shopping today."

"You go shopping everyday," She responded and shakes her head at her. "You're way too vain Sophia. Try being humble, it might look good on you."

The blonde's laugh was high pitched and it made Saphira nearly cover her ears from the pitch. "Oh, you are so funny! By the way, what happened to that big, hunk who rescued you the other day?"

"He's still around. Why? You were terrified of him Sophia, plus he hates little bitches like you." Saphira chuckled at the shocked expression on the girl's face and she looked up to see Optimus and Ironhide arriving. "Oh, and here he is now."

Sophia glared at Saphira as she watched her walk towards the vehicles. "And since when did you like custom trucks huh?"

Saphira ignored her, her eyes lit up when she saw the door open, and William Lennox stepped out of the car. "Oh my...Will!" She ran over excitedly and hugged him. "It is so good to see you again!"

"Likewise!" Lennox responded with a chuckle before letting her go. "I hope you don't mind that I dropped by. The autobots figured you would be thrilled to see me."

She nodded. "Of course I am Captain...or, should I say Major now?" Saphira giggled as Lennox chuckled along with her.

"I think just Will or Lennox will be fine, you don't have to call me by my rank." Lennox stepped back and gestured for Saphira to get into the GMC. "Oh, ladies' first."

"Hey Saphira!" Sophia yelled, making Saphira grimace and groan loudly, Will raised an eyebrow and glanced at the blonde girl curiously. "You have another man?"

"What is she talking about?" Lennox asked with a frown, glancing at Saphira as she shrugged.

"That bitch pushed me into the cement the other day..." Saphira points at her bandaged elbows and the man widened his eyes as he understood. "She's just someone who I used to call friend, she turned out to be fake. Ironhide happened to help, that is what she means."