Chapter 37

Saphira yelped as she heard an explosion nearby as she ran between the buildings. She breathed heavily when she stopped by another house to steady herself before launching herself from the building to keep running. The decepticons appeared to be distracted thankfully, and she kept running. She did worry for Barricade and Bee, but she knew they could take care of themselves. Barricade might be injured, but he was still able to fight. Saphira knew that. She yelped as she saw a missile flying towards her and ducked into a house, throwing herself to the ground as it impacted the ground. She covered her head as stones fell around her.

She coughed a little and gasped when she saw blood on the ground from where she coughed. She groaned, placing a hand on her chest. She hoped that didn't mean it was a sign of a punctured lung as her lungs filling with blood was the last thing she needed right now. She gulped more water down and looked at the bottle, there was at least a quarter left before she was out. That should be more than enough to carry her to Optimus.

She ran out of the ruined building and turned to keep running. She could hear the weapons of the military echoing, it was a sign she was getting closer. She hoped she was anyway. She kept running, the adrenaline pumped through her veins as she pushed herself. She gasped when she noticed Starscream finally flying down again, it seemed he was bored watching from above, or annoyed he could not find her, she ran into a house in case he would see her. She waited for him to land somewhere out of her sight and kept running.

She glanced up and saw two helicopters approaching, she was surprised to see them, and it appeared they would get help. But the decepticons were not taking chances, they shot the aircraft down very easily. She ducked as one of the helicopters flew over her and the blades broke against the roof of a building. She jumped as one of the blades land inches from her, she stepped back as her jeans had been cut by the blade. Thankfully, no further injuries.

"Saphira!" She jumped and turned when she heard Arcee's voice. She smiled when she saw the purple bot rolling towards her. Arcee placed her hand to her ear. "I've located Saphira!" Saphira smiled as Arcee, Moonracer and Chromia approach her. "Looks like you've seen better days."

She shrugged at her. "I sure have." She glanced up and saw a familiar dark autobot approaching. "Ironhide!"

Ironhide grinned at her. "My favorite punk, at least we are not the only ones who look like we are in a fight."

"Really funny, Ironhide," Chromia chuckled at Ironhide as she looked at Saphira. "Follow us to the pillars, we'll take you to Optimus."

Saphira smiled before gasping. "Look out!" She shouted as a decepticon takes aim at Arcee.

Arcee turned in shock and ducked as she is fired upon, barely being missed and shot back at the decepticon. "Saphira! Get running! We will hold him off!"

Saphira nodded, although she was hesitant because the decepticon was huge. Ironhide focused on the bot and she took a deep breath. She ran around the bots, keeping herself from being in the line of sight for the decepticon. She gasped when Arcee is hit by a bullet, her chest splattered and she fell to the ground, limp and dead with energon dripping out.

"Oh no," She whispered, feeling a deep sadness growing. She barely knew Arcee, but she liked her.

"Keep running, Saphira!" Chromia yelled at her. "There will be time to grieve later!"

Saphira ran around the building as Ironhide shot at the large bot and landed a successful shot to the neck. He punched the decepticon and threw him to the ground, standing on him with a single foot and ripping him apart. She smirked a little, Ironhide being ruthless was not surprising. Chromia and Moonracer roll beside her, zipping around and shooting at decepticons that began to close in. She spotted pillars ahead of her, she hoped that was a sign she was getting close.