Chapter 11

Five weeks had passed since Saphira had returned to her garage after LA. She had not heard a peep from Optimus at all, even with Lennox reassuring her that it was because he was in negotiations with the government. That was two weeks ago. Saphira did not really understand why it had to take so long though! Nonetheless, Saphira kept herself occupied during this time by attending more races and she had begun to modify the Nissan 240sx, starting with the engine and suspension to ensure the car drove more steadily over the road when she did drive it for the main mountain events. She painted the Nissan in a dark, red, iridescent paint with a gold lined flame vinyl across the hood to the fenders. She added a tall, long spoiler, black rims, and red neon lights, she was very pleased with her work as she loved working on cars. She also changed out the headlights so the colour of the headlights are a bright blue rather than the dull, yellow colour that it was.

Aside from working on her cars, Saphira had to get used to a much smaller space to do things such as cooking. The small room here did not have any kitchen, so Saphira had to buy a portable stove top and a small fridge and freezer just to get by. Plus, she really had little space for storing dry goods like rice, but she worked with it so she was able to at least eat. She was not complaining though. She had somewhere to sleep and that was good enough. She could consider the garage her real home, she was happier here than she was at the house. And yes, she still went to school as she was still a teenager. Thankfully, she was able to give her principal a letter from the government stating a reason for her absence, but the school had to accept as it was a proper letter.

Tonight though, it was time to take the Nissan for a test drive. She has been working on it everyday since she got back when she wasn't at school or racing, and now it was time to test the wheels. She was thoroughly excited, but also nervous at the same time. She didn't know why, but she was always nervous when she takes cares out for a test drive. It was like she was very nervous on breaking down or something bad happening. Unlike at the raceways where she was more likely to get a dint in the car by another driver. Still, it was always the same no matter what. Saphira, wearing a leather jacket and black pants with her hair pulled back into a simple, French braid, she stepped into the car and turned on the engine, it roared to life as she opened the garage door with the remote. The Nissan did not have the roar in its engine like the muscle cars did, but it was music to her ears anyway. Rolling the car out of the garage slowly, she pressed the remote button to close the door behind her and watched it while glancing each way on the road to know when to go.

She saw headlights coming from her right, but they were too far away for her to worry or recognize as she drives onto the road and made a left to drive away from the garage, unaware she had been seem by autobots who were just about to arrive at the garage to greet her. They had not expected her to drive away, but they followed her out of curiosity on where she was going at this time of the evening. Plus, the colours on the car concerned them a little bit, even though Bumblebee just assured them that it was neon lights and nothing more than decoration on the car. Saphira drove through the streets listening to some music, resting her arm against the window as she drove towards the wharf where Bee and Barricade had fought.

She saw the gates were still open as she entered the wharf and smiled to herself, driving into the place and glancing around for a good place to start. She stopped the car as she looked down a long, clear roadway and took deep breaths, clutching the steering wheel as she stared down the road. She felt her heart racing in her chest as she took deep breaths, she tensed her muscles briefly and smiled to herself, revving the engine of the car gently.

It's now or never.

Saphira pressed her foot on the throttle, hearing the tyres spinning loudly as she puts the car into gear. The car launched forward quickly and the gears hiss as she changes gears quickly, speeding along the road, passing by the metal structures beside her quickly. Her smile widened as the car roared along the road, she glanced a several mounds of rubbish before she turned the wheel suddenly, pressing on the brakes and changing gears to drift, feeling the car turn towards the mounds, drifting around the first mound. She turned the wheel the other way to drift around the next mound, as she did though she felt a slight jolt in the back suspension and made a mental note to check that later. However, the car was still driving smoothly as she turned the car straight to keep speeding past the other mounds, so she was not completely concerned. She giggled as she drifts the car around another mound, holding the wheel tightly for a complete circle around the mound, she often felt like she was dancing when drifts the cars. It was just a beautiful feeling to her. Even with the rubber burning on the concrete loudly as she drifts the car around the mound.