Chapter 35

Saphira woke up when a beam of sunlight hits her face. She opened her eyes and blinked, nearly forgetting she was in Egypt when she saw the red, sandy, plains and rocky hills rolling by. She stretched out her body with a light yawn. She rubbed her eyes and glanced around. She smiled, Bee was taking a gentle drive at the moment and she was glad for that. She heard the sound of a packet crinkling and turned her head to see Wheelie holding out a packet of chips to her.

"I imagine this won't be much, but it is somethin'," Wheelie said with a smile, he turned his head and grabbed a bottle of water. "Oh well, breakfast."

Saphira grabbed them with a smile. "Thank you Wheelie. There should be more packets there. I'll open another shortly. Wake Simmons up, he should have something before we get busy." She turned her head to look out of the window. "I hope we are getting close."

"I think we are, the mountains of Petra are not far. I believe that is our destination." Wheelie picked up another chip pack and water bottle. "Hey! Wake up!" He threw the chips and bottle into Simmons' lap, startling him awake. "Your breakfast! The sun high and dry right now."

Simmons groaned, glancing down at the two items in his lap. "You call this breakfast?" He picked them up, glaring at both Saphira and Wheelie.

She frowned at him as she chewed on a chip. "This is all we got, Simmons. We can have a proper meal later."

He opened the packet and began to eat angrily, he definitely was showing he was not happy right now. "Alright..." He pulled out his GPS and pressed buttons on it. "There is a temple at the mountains that I presume we have to go to."

"A temple? Wouldn't that mean archaeologists have been there before?" Saphira asked with a concerned expression.

"Of course, but there likely is a secret that only we can find," He said as he focused on the GPS. "So at least we should keep that in mind. It might take a little while to figure it out though, but hopefully it won't take all day."

It might. Saphira was hoping for it to be that way too, but fate wasn't always going to be easy like that. Saphira finished one packet and Wheelie gave her another pack of chips to eat. She drank some of the water, she decided to ration it in case she needed to. Simmons had the same idea too it would seem as he too only drank a little of the water. They finished off all but two packs of chips, deciding they would have them later as lunch.

"Okay, we are pretty close now." Simmons looked at the GPS. "We should stop in about five minutes and go the rest of the way on foot. We don't need to leave clear tyre marks all the way to the temple."

"That sounds like a plan to me," Saphira said with a smile. "Still...odd that it might be where the temple is. The tomb being there, or even the temple itself, is kind of...unexpected."

"I agree. But...since transformers have been here a long time, it has become apparent there is a group of humans who had kept them secret. I think Everett, your grandfather, was part of it." He didn't look at Saphira as he spoke, and Saphira wasn't going to disagree. "It makes me wonder how long they've been here, and how long certain humans have known about them. Witwicky certainly wasn't the first when he stumbled upon NBE One."

"I think I will find that out when I turn eighteen. I look back at my memories though...some things back than makes sense now when it didn't before." Saphira thought back to when she used to visit her grandparents. Simmons looked at Saphira, intrigued to know more. "Whenever I stayed there, I remember sneaking out of my room to get a glass of water or juice, grandma and grandpa never scolded me for that. And sometimes I would see my grandfather coming from the basement door. I was never allowed down there. It was hidden behind a wardrobe door, I used to pretend I went to Narnia in there."