Chapter 25

Arriving in Princeton was nothing short of relief when the tyres of the plane touched down in the city. Saphira smiled when she had peered out the window before going through the airport security and catching a taxi to head to the rented garage. It was larger than the garage she had rented in LA, it could easily house ten cars, so Saphira had a lot of room to spare. It also had a larger living space with a small bedroom, bathroom and open kitchen with a small living room. It definitely was a bigger step-up from what she had, but a step down because of the house she had rented for a year. Saphira arrived at the property and dragged her suitcases to the mailbox where an envelope was with the key. Thankfully, no one had taken it and the remote for the garage was inside the envelope too. She pressed the button to open the garage and watched the roller door rise, and she saw both the Daytona and Nissan 240sx angle parked on the left side of the garage.

She was very thrilled and walked inside, closing the door behind her. She spotted a note on top of the Daytona and walked over to pick it up. Written on it was an invitation to a race meet at the end of the week to introduce herself and show her skill. She was glad she would be given time to get used to the city before she went to a race meet. Saphira walked to the bedroom to unpack the suitcase with her race meet clothes and some of her underwear. She also grabbed out the cannister with the Cube shard to place inside and place clothes on top of it. She hoped that the energy from it would not be detected here in Princeton.

She pulled out some empty journals she intended on using, however, when she did, her mind suddenly felt lightheaded, and she began seeing symbols that were not familiar to her. The desire to write them down was strong, she grabbed a pen and opened one of the journals to begin writing them down. She didn't even realize she had filled three pages with these symbols until she managed to shake herself awake and stare at the symbols in the pages. She did not recognize them, though she knew they were not human symbols. This worried her, Barricade told her that the decepticons sought extraction of a map to an energon source on the planet through a human. She had touched the Cube...and now...it seemed she had the information in her head.

She slammed the book shut with a frown, there was no way it was possible that she had the map in her mind. She felt she should tell Optimus, though she didn't know when Lennox would even see her text if she sent him something. However, there was no way she would tell him over the phone directly. The decepticons would be watching, they are not fools. The autobots already told her when they met her they used the internet to learn human languages, and she knew the decepticons found her through her blog page, so the chance of them picking up her text was high. It was a big risk. She decided to try and hide it away for the time being.

For the next week, Saphira got settled in the city, she took both cars for joyrides around the city to get to know it and locate where the raceways were, so she knew where to go. She was given the location of the race meet she had been invited to, and the person who would greet her is named Nicholae. Saphira was very excited, she likely would only attend the race meets once a week during college anyway. She didn't want to do anything more than that.

When it was Friday nice, Saphira had chosen to wear a short, black, sleeveless dress with black, stockings and high boots. She had applied makeup and aromatic, floral perfume with plain, silver earrings and bangles on her wrist. She was looking forward to it, the symbols did come back a few times during the week and she needed to try and relax, and to forget about transformers just for a little while. She went with her Daytona as she knew she would be in for some sprint racing, and she loved using the muscles for the sprints. She finished curling her hair and smiled at herself in the mirror before getting into her car and driving to the race meet. The one information she had when looking for Nicholae was that he was the one with the long, silky hair, bright, blue eyes and he would be wearing a glittery suit tonight. It was not a lot to work on, but Saphira accepted it nonetheless. She was thrilled to be racing somewhere new.