Chapter 31

They had arrived at the city and Saphira had just finished braiding her hair and using hair clips to clip the braids to her head as she prepared to put one of the wigs on. She selected the platinum blonde wig to put on, it was a very drastic change from her black hair so she hoped it would do the trick. She put it on and used some clips to help secure the wig and applied the glue to the lace front. With the wig secure, she looked at herself in the rear-view mirror and smiled, she was surprised that blonde actually looked good on her. Of course, it wasn't like the luxurious, long, black hair she had and this wig was shorter than her mid back length hair.

"What do you think?" Saphira asked Bee as she eyed herself in the rear-view.

"Different, but I like it," Bee responded through the radio.

Saphira smiled and glanced at the gem she had beside her. She was still in the backseat of the Camaro, mostly because it was easier to keep hidden from the authorities this way and it gave her more room to spread out. She picked up the gem and held it on her lap, looking at it thoughtfully. She wondered what Optimus would think if he were here right now. She doubted he would like the change much, though he would be polite about it. She took a deep breath and hugged it, thinking about him. She wished deeply that there was a way to bring him back. Just like the decepticons were able to bring Megatron back.

"Chin up," Bee said through the radio. "We will get through this. His sacrifice will not be in vain. Trust me."

"I do trust you Bee...I guess...I am just hoping we can revive Optimus somehow too..." Saphira wipes away a few tears that fall from her eyes. "The decepticons did it...I am almost tempted to use that shard..."

"It won't be enough power to bring him back." Bee knew Saphira wanted him back so badly, but he didn't know what solution to give her for it. If he knew a way to bring him back, he definitely would tell her. "Let us just focus on the current problem."

She nodded silently. She did not know how far they were from Simmons' location. She also did wonder what he had been doing ever since Sector Seven shut down. She doubted he has been very happy about it ever since though, after all losing his job like that must have been pretty humiliating. She hissed and tensed as the symbols come back in her mind. She did not have anything to write them down, her finger moved to her wrist and began to scratch the symbols into her skin.

She jumped in shock when she felt a hand stop her, bringing her out of her trance. "They came back again, didn't they?" She stared at Bee's holoform in shock. She realized they could use their holoform and alt form at the same time. "Better to not scar yourself with them."

She glanced at her wrist and sighed in relief. "Thanks, Bee. You saved me a lot of embarrassment and pain."

Bee smiled before his holoform melds with the alt form. "We are almost there."

Good. Saphira looked out of the window to see where their destination was. The bots pull up in front of a small corner store. It was a run down area and Saphira was shocked to see that. It was a grocer they were going to. That was just great.

"I can see he's doing very well for himself," Saphira said sarcastically as the seat in front of her rolled forward to allow her out. "Alright, I guess...um, I'll go in and seek him out." She stepped out of the car and sighed deeply, glancing around nervously in case someone might recognize her. She glanced at the other bots. "Stay put. I should not be too long...hopefully." Saphira did not know what to expect as she walked towards the door.

As she entered, she saw it was indeed a grocer. It was busy with a lot of people waiting in line. On the wall, she saw the name of the store D. Cappuccio and Simmons. She smiled a little, wondering if this was his parent's shop. It would definitely make sense. She heard Simmons yelling loudly when she stepped inside, observing him for a moment. He definitely was not thrilled to be there, but it was a job. A woman comes over and spoke to him angrily, and she quickly found out that was his mother. Saphira chuckled a little.