Chapter 1

Your POV

I just got out of the car from a 3 and a half day drive to a nowhere town called Gravity Falls, Oregon. It was hard to leave all of my friends behind in Miami, Florida, but I had to do it. My family is a military family and has moved numerous times, so my parents want me to stay with a close family friend so I can get away from the city and electronics for the summer.

We stopped at what looked like a run down, old house that could barely hold itself up. I took a quick area scan of the place and there was a totem pole outside and a section of the house marked 'Gift Shop' on the front. I looked to the roof and there was a big sign labeled 'Mystery hack' with the 's' that had fallen off and was now laying on the roof.

'This place is a wreck!' I thought, but decided not to say anything, to be nice.

"What are you waiting for, get your bags out of the car?!" Dad rushed.

"Ok, I'm going!" I mumbled back. My parents haven't been the sweetest, but they have been going through hard times, so I can't blame them. I walk over to the back of the jeep and opened the trunk. I pull out my surprisingly light bags and I set them down in the grass to close the trunk. I pick back up my bags and walk around the car and look at the big shack. I look behind me at the car that was now speeding away with my mom waving bye from the window.

I turn back around and prepare myself to walk into the tourists trap. I walk into the gift shop and set my bags down next to the door. I was told to look for a guy named Stanford Pines. I look around and see a bunch of knock-off nicknacks for crazy high prices. I head over to the red headed cashier and see that her name tag reads 'Wendy'.

"Hello miss?" I ask politely. I don't want to set a bad reputation.

"Yeah, whadya want?" Wendy asked lazily looking up from her magazine.

"I'm looking for a man names Stan Pines." I inform.

"He's over there." She pointed to a man in a black suit with a red fez with some gold symbol on the front and an eyepatch.

I walked over to the man, who is currently talking to a bunch of tourists about a hypnotic wheel.

"This is the world's most hypnotic object." he said. A bunch of 'oohs' and 'awes' came from the group followed by camera flashes. What idiots!

"And it hypnotizes you to give me all of your mone- ."
Stan started until I tapped him on the back.

He looked over to me and looked pretty frustrated.

"Whadya want kid, I got tourists to convince!" Stan growls.

"Sorry sir, I'm (Y/n) (l/n), the girl who will be staying with you for the summer." I remind.

"Ah yes, sorry, hehe. KIDS, (Y/N) IS HERE!!" Stan yelled in a very hoarse voice.

I heard running footsteps down what sounded like stairs as I went to pick up my bags. I turned around to find two kids my age standing in the doorway for employees only.

"Hi, I'm Dipper and this is Mabel Pines."

*****

Hi guys I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my very first x reader book!