Chapter 48

Rey's POV

We will be having a family night today, so I try to make Silas and my brothers get ready, but it seems that they don't realise that dad won't let us skip, and that we should be going out of the house soon, even though I already told them a lot of times.

"Get ready. I'm going downstairs already, because I don't want dad to be angry at me too." I say, and that makes Ray look at the clock, before he quickly stands up to get ready, and the rest follows right after him.

I just shakes my head and then I go downstairs, to make sure that dad and papa will give them a bit more time, without getting too angry.

"Where is the rest?" Papa asks me, when he sees that I enter the living room, and I just shrug.

"Still getting ready." I say, and he just shakes his head in annoyance.

"We never will leave this house with them." He says to himself, and I chuckle slightly.

I decide to not say anything to that, and I just wait for the rest to come here.

Surprisingly it doesn't take them long, and they're here before dad, so I look at papa with a frown, because it never takes dad this long to get ready.

"He's already at Carter, Timmy and Mason's house, and I'm sure that he's already annoyed that were still not there." He says.

We go out of our house, and we go towards the path that leads to the pack house.

Not much later, we can see dad, who's standing in the back yard, and he talks with Carter.

He glares at us, most likely for being late, although just a bit over half of our family is here, so we're definitely not the last ones.

Carter hits him on the head gently, and I smile in amusement, before I go towards them with Silas, while papa Ray and Roy go to find somewhere to sit.

"How are you feeling?" Carter asks me, and he touches my bump lightly, even though it's very small.

"I'm alright." I say, and I hope that Silas won't tell him how often I'm sick, because I definitely don't want anyone to worry.

The only people that know this are my brothers and Silas, and I hope that it will stay this way.

Carter looks at me with a small smile, and he nods in acknowledgement, but then he looks at Silas and he arches his eyebrow  which makes me look at him too along with dad.

"He's not alright?" Dad asks him, and Silas just shrugs, although he has a guilty expression on his face, which most likely makes them think that I was lying.

"He's fine, but he's sick a bit more often than his brothers." Silas says, and I'm sure that he knows that I wouldn't want then to know, but he's not very good at lying, so I don't blame him for that.

The two of them look at me with a concerned expression, so I roll my eyes, and I go to sit with my brothers.