Chapter 5

Silas' POV

"Is something wrong?" The Alpha asks me, and I quickly shake my head.

"No, but I need to see the person who's in your house." I tell him, and he frowns, before he steps out of his house, and he closes the front door behind him.

"Why?" He asks me curiously.

"Because I think that he smells like my mate, although I'm not sure about it, because it's very faint." I tell him, and he doesn't say anything for a few seconds.

"I don't think that he's your mate, he's an Alpha of another pack and he already has a mate, although he does smell like someone else.

So that person's most likely your mate, that would explain the faint scent." He tells me, so I nod, and then I look at the door again.

He seems to see that I want to go inside, so he sighs and then he opens the door, before he lets me step inside.

When we reach the living room, I look at the man who's most likely about forty, although he still looks like he's no older than thirty, and I doubt that he will look older than he does now, because werewolves don't age like that.

He frowns when he sees me, and then he looks to the the Alpha for explanation.

"Can we know who's scents on you?" The Alpha asks.

"That could me a lot of people, but that's most likely one of my sons, we spent a few hours together, before I left my pack." The man tells us. "And why are you asking?" He asks.

The Alpha looks at me, as if to ask if it's alright for him to tell this man about what I told him, so I hesitantly nod to tell him that it's fine.

"Silas said that you smell like his mate, but the smell is very faint, and since you're an Alpha, there's no way that your scent could be faint, so we're assuming that your son is his mate." The Alpha explains, and the man turns to look at me for confirmation, so I smile shily.

I'm a bit scared that he will think that I'm trying to trick him or something, but I think that I'm more scared of the fact that he's an Alpha.

I'm also not sure if he's alright with male mates, so I have no idea how he will react to me telling him that I'm his son's mate.

Although he seems happy, and he stands up to walk towards me with a smile, before he extends his hand to me.

"I'm Denver." He tells me.

"Silas." I respond, and I shake his hand.

"Alright, your Alpha and I were in the middle of an important meeting before you came here, and we will have to talk for a while longer.

But I would like to talk to you later today, and I will be leaving tomorrow, so if you can, then it will be great if you will come with me to meet my son.

If not, then I sure that we will be able to come up with something else." He tells me, so I nod, and then the Alpha leads me out of his house.