Chapter 6

Silas' POV

When I reach the pack house, I can see that Zain's already waiting on me and he has a frown on his face.

"Where did you go?" He asks me. "I thought that you will wait here." He says.

"I had to talk to the Alpha about something." I tell him.

"About what?" He asks me, while we make our way towards my uncle's house.

"I will tell you when we will be in my room." I says, and I really intend to do it.

To be honest, I have no idea what I should do right now, I do want to meet my mate, and to experience all the feelings that my friends explained when they were talking about their mates.

Zains and I care about each other, and we did build a strong bond over the last year, although we don't have the mate bond which sometimes makes me sad, although I force myself to no think about it.

When we reach my house, I open the door, and I lead Zain towards my room.

I'm very thankful that my uncle won't be here, because it would have been hard to find a quiet place to talk about it, and we have to talk right now, because Denver said that he will be leaving soon, and I sure that he won't let me stay here, at least not for long.

"What's wrong?" He asks me right after we sit on my bed, which makes me sigh in frustration, and then I look at him.

"I found my mate." I tell him, and his eyes widen, then he opens his mouth to speak, but I continue before he can say anything.

"Well, I don't find him, but I smelled him on his father, who's an Alpha, and he visited our pack to talk about something with our Alpha." I explain, and Zains nods, before he looks at the floor, most likely not sure what to tell me.

"So, you will be moving out?" He asks me.

"I have no idea what I should do." I say with a tired groan, and he finally looks at me.

"You should meet him." He tells me with a sad smile, although I'm sure that he would prefer me to stay here with him. "I can go with you if you want." He says and I frown.

I'm not sure if I want him to go there, I'm sure that it will help me deal with everything, but it definitely will make him feel worse, and it most likely will make everything weird.

I want to disagree, but I can see a hopeful look on his face, so I nod in agreement.

He moves closer to give me a hug, and I kiss the top of his head.

"Are we over?" Zain asks me, and it's very painful, but I nod my head to confirm it.

"If everything will go alright with my mate, then I doubt that I will be able to be with you." I tell him the truth.