Chapter 1

Ray's POV

I wonder how much longer it will take Rey to get ready to go.

We're supposed to visit Roy today, but I'm not sure if Rey remembers that, even though he reminded me of that a few hours ago.

To be honest, I already know that he didn't forget about it, it's really impossible, because he's the one who insists that we have to see our brother every day.

I don't really mind that, because I miss my brother too, and it's really difficult for me to get used to living without him.

Rey, Roy and I are identical triplets, and many people struggle to recognise us.

I'm sure that the very similar names aren't helping at all, and it can be very annoying sometimes.

Almost a year ago, we had a family night at my grandparents' house, and unfortunately Roy never came back with us to our house.

All three of us decided to sit in our usual spot, which was on the tree branch, even though our parents weren't happy about it.

We were laughing at the little kids who were playing with each other on the ground not very far from us, and then the next moment I realised that Roy was starting to fall form the tree.

Before I could even start to catch him, I could hear the sound of him hitting the ground, and I was on the ground quicker than ever, with Rey right behind me.

It turned out that Roy hit his head very hardly, and he landed on a very sharp rock which almost managed to go through the bone in his head.

The doctor told us that Roy will have to stay in the hospital for a while, and that he's in a coma, although he assured us that Roy will wake up soon, because his injury wasn't that bad.

It turned out that he was wrong, because instead of being in a coma for a few weeks, he's still laying in the hospital, and it has been a lot longer than a few weeks.

When Rey finally gets downstairs, we go to the pack house, and straight to the pack hospital.

It was painted a few years ago, so all the walls are clean, and the whole hospital looks a little more welcoming than it did when I was a kid, which makes me feel better about leaving Roy here.

When we walk inside of his room, we go straight to the chairs and we tell Roy about everything that we did yesterday, which isn't much, but we have no idea what to talk to him about when he can't respond to anything.

"Do you think that he can hear us?" Rey asks me, and I shrug.

"I'm not sure." I say.

"I really hope that he will wake up soon, I miss him." Rey tells me.

"The hope is not lost." I tell him, and I lean towards him to give him a slight side hug.

"I know." Rey says, and then he moves closer to me, so he can rest his head on my shoulder.