Chapter 42

Rey's POV

I open my eyes when I can smell something weird, and not much later, I realise that the smell's coming from one of my brothers.

When I concentrate, I realise that it's the scent of a heat, and it's very strong, so this means that Roy still doesn't know about it, and I'm sure that he's making a mess already.

I shake him lightly to wake him up, and soon he's looking at me with an arched eyebrow.

"You're in heat." I tell him, and he nods.

"I know." Roy says, and I frown.

"You should go to the bathroom to wash yourself." I tell him, and he shakes his head, before he turns on his other side to try to sleep.

"Why don't you want to stop the heat?" I ask him, after a few minutes of watching him.

"Because it might help me get Silas to mate with me." He says, with a tired voice, which makes me roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I say, before I decide to go downstairs, so I can see if Silas already knows about it.

I find him and Ray in the living room, so I sit next to them, and I look at the TV to see what they're watching.

"Do you know that Roy's in heat?" I ask Silas, when I see that he's looking at me.

"Yes, and it's starting to affect me, most likely because we never mated before." He tells me, which makes me frown.

"And Roy doesn't want to cover the scent." Ray tells me.

"Yeah, I know this already, our room smells like Roy's heat, and he said that he doesn't want to cover it, because it might help him make Silas want to mate with him." I say.

"That's not very nice." Papa says, when he enters the living room.

"Can you talk with him about it?" I ask him hopefully, because I doubt that we will manage to stay with him in one room if he won't block the heat.

The scent will only get stronger with time.

"I will." He says, and he goes out of the living room, and up the stairs.

We wait on him for a few minutes, but the talk seems to take a lot longer than we expected, so we decide to keep watching the movie.

It takes a long time, but papa comes downstairs along with dad, who seems to be annoyed, which tells me that he joined their conversation, and that it didn't go very well.

"How did it go?" Ray asks, and papa groans.

"He said that he won't cover the scent." Papa says, and dad nods.

"So, you will have to either stay in one of the other rooms, or go to the pack house for a few days, because the scent is very strong, so I don't want either of you to sleep there." Dad says, and the three of us look at each other.

"I don't want to be away for him, but I guess that I should go to the pack house, because the heat is affecting me a bit." Silas says, and dad frowns.

"Well, you should do that, at least if you don't want to have a kid right now, because if it already affects you then it will only get worse." Papa says, and dad nods in agreement.