[ 32. welcome to spain ]

| y/n's pov |

"HOLA, SEÑORITAS." A loud voice came from our right when we had arrived at the military air base and gotten off the plane.

I turned my head to see John and Gail, the same two members of the National A Cappella Association who told us we couldn't compete in collegiate competitions for our senior year because of the Fat Amy incident, were coming off of another plane with camera equipment.

The equipment was similar to the kind of stuff we used to make movies, but it looked quite obviously cheaper.

"Where did you guys even come from?" Beca called out to them, sounding annoyed.

"A little town called Persistence, sweet cheeks." Gail replied. "That's right. Here, here's the thing."

"Look at this, ladies." John showed off his pass that hung around his neck. "All-access passes. We're tall enough for all the rides. You can run, but you cannot hide."

"This d'aca'mentary is happening!" Gail exclaimed. "We're gonna film this whole thing. It's gonna be beautiful. We're making a beautiful d'aca'mentary. In fact, we gotta set up. Where are we gonna set up, John?"

I watched as the two walked away and looked to Beca, who shrugged.

"Papi chulos, straight ahead." Flo spoke up and we turned to see two Army dudes walking over to us.

"Welcome to Spain, Bellas." The first of the two greeted. "A few important things to note before we begin."

He began talking, but an airplane beside us had its engine going which was so loud we all missed every single word this man said to us.

"I hope you all heard each and every word, or else you might very well end up dead."

Very reassuring.

"Ladies, I'm messing with you." He said and it definitely made me feel relieved. "On behalf of the Department of Defense, we would like to welcome you to Naval Air Station Rota, Spain. And a sincere thank-you for coming out to entertain our troops and their families. We're excited for this tour. My name's Chicago. Over here go my left is Captain Bernie, who we like to call Zeke."

"Ladies." The other man nodded at us.

"We're gonna be with you the whole tour as your escorts and security details." Chicago explained.

"Question." Fat Amy interrupted, putting her hand up. "Will we all be showering together?"

Chicago opened his mouth, closed it again, cleared his throat and continued. "Uh, first up is a sound check. We'll have you back to the hotel by 1430. Maybe hit the rain locker, back here for the big show at 1700. Yeah."

"1700..." Chloe lowered her hand. "...Is that, like, later than the night?"

Chicago smiled. "It's five."

"Okay." Chloe grinned. She obviously liked him. "Whatever."

"Okay..."

"Question, question." Amy spoke up again.

"Yep."

"Um, so this is the first base. Will we be going to second base with you guys?" Amy asked and I sighed. "And then, maybe a few days later, we'll go to third base?"