[ 21. *fart noise* ]

| y/n's pov |

"DO YOU THINK that-" Stacie started to ask me something as we waited during rehearsal, but Chloe cut her off.

"Alright, ladies, focus up." Chloe flipped around the whiteboard so it read three words. Das Sound Machine. "We need to beat those German dummkopfs."

"Yes!" Fat Amy agreed.

"Okay, we're gonna beat DSM at their own game." Beca explained. "Do what they do, just better."

"And we're about to do a full skills assessment to blow out our choreography to match." Chloe went on.

"But the important thing is that we have fun, right?" Emily asked from her seat.

"Uh, legacy, don't take this the wrong way, but you're the dumbest person alive."

Then we all jumped to our feet to get started on practice.

So much happened that I wasn't even sure if half of it actually happened. Things like practicing dance moves or bits of cardio made sense, but Fat Amy eating fire and Jessica doing the worm? Not common at all.

When Beca rushed off to get somewhere, I took Emily back to the house. She was still new to the area and wasn't completely sure how to get there, so I thought I'd help her out.

"Rehearsals aren't usually that crazy, I swear." I spoke as we drove, breaking the awkward silence. "Usually there's more singing and less fire."

Emily laughed and looked down at her lap.

"You did good though." I complimented.

"Thank you." She smiled back as I pulled in outside the house.

A few hours after getting home I was sitting at the dining table and watching the other girls have a pillow fight in the living room.

"What am I looking at?" Beca asked after walking in.

"We're pillow-fighting!" Fat Amy exclaimed before smacking Beca with her pillow.

"You know this sets women back, like, 30 years." Beca told them.

"We're just relieving some stress." Chloe excused.

"This was on the porch." Beca held up an envelope.

"Ooh." Chloe dropped her pillow and walked over. I stood up to join the rest of the group. "What is that? It looks fancy."

Chloe took the note out of the envelope and opened it. The letter made some kind of chanting noise that stopped when she closed it.

When Chloe opened it all the way, we found out it was an invitation.

"Woah, looks like we've been invited to sing at some kind of a party." Chloe read out.

"We're going to sing?" Emily asked. "Finally!"

"Well, there's just an address and a password." Chloe sighed.

"No time or anything?" I asked and Chloe shook her head.

"How sexy and mysterious." Fat Amy commented.