CHAPTER NINETEEN; a party and a new bella

——————————————————————

PART TWO
A Party And A New Bella

——————————————————————

" y/n's point of view "

——————————————————————

"IS THIS THE place?" Jesse asked as he pulled up in front of a large building.

"Yeah." I sighed and took a deep breath. "Can you believe they want me to pitch my script?"

I had the opportunity to show one of my practice film scripts to a producer to see if they'd potentially want to pick it up and make it into a movie. Like, an actual movie.

"Of course they do. You rock the party that rocks the body."

I stared at him blankly. "I don't know where to begin with that."

"I stand by it." Jesse opens his door and gets out of the car.

I unclipped my seatbelt while he opened the back door and pulled out my laptop bag. I walked around to meet him at the back.

"You alright?" Jesse asked, leaning against the back of his car. I shook my head. "Nerves?"

"God, I'm so nervous, Jess." I nodded my head and shook my arms a little before he handed me my laptop bag. "What if they don't like it? Or what if they think I suck at writing or my ideas are bad? Or what if-"

"Okay, okay, okay." Jesse put his hands on my shoulders. "Slow down. Y/N, babe, you've got this, okay?"

I stared skeptically at the man before me and he smiled.

"Come on, I've seen your writing." Jesse stated. "And it's really good. If they don't like it, then they're crazy."

A smile pulled on my lips and I leaned forward to kiss him.

"Thank you, Jesse." I whispered and he chuckled. "Okay, I gotta go now."

I went to leave but then quickly turned around to face him again.

"I shouldn't feel guilty about this, right?" I asked. "Because Chloe's saying stuff about having our full focus, and..."

"Y/N." Jesse met my eyes and squeezed one of my hands. "You should not feel guilty at all for taking your shot. I didn't when I got into film school."

"Yeah, and now you're gonna graduate early, go to USC and leave me behind forever." I shrugged. "I think maybe you should feel just a little bit guilty."

"I am not leaving you behind forever, okay?" He lifted my hand and I looked at the ring on my finger. "Would I have given you this if I was leaving you forever? We'll be fine. You're gonna go in there and you're gonna nail this pitch. Then, after you graduate you can move to L.A. with me and we'll live a West Coast lifestyle after getting married."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm, I'm talking juice cleanses, fish tacos, hikes... we'll both get plastic surgery."