CHAPTER THIRTEEN; spring break

——————————————————————

PART ONE
Spring Break

——————————————————————

" y/n's point of view "

——————————————————————

I WENT BACK to my dorm after that and ended up lying on my bed. I had showered and changed into pyjamas, and was now staring at the note in my hands.

"Meet me tonight."

I felt horrible. I got kicked out of the Bellas and then yelled at Jesse when he was just trying to help.

I probably lost my friends and my boyfriend at the exact same time.

The note made me upset. He probably didn't want to see me anymore.

I scrunched the note in my hand and rolled over, facing my wall.

I didn't have to walk away. I should've just apologized then. I didn't want to hurt him.

After another hour of staring at my blank wall, the door opened.

"Y/N?" Stacie's voice whispered.

I didn't answer, but I did sniffle. I just turned further towards the wall.

Maybe I was just overreacting, but I didn't want to deal with anything right now.

Stacie didn't say anything else. I could hear her put her bag down, get stuff, leave the dorm to shower, come back from the bathroom half an hour later and then went to bed.

I opened the scrunched note in my hands again.

He was most likely home by this point in time, considering Stacie had been home for 45 minutes.

I debated getting up, going to his room and apologizing. I almost did it, too. But I stopped myself.

I wanted to give him space, just for the night. Then I would talk to him in the morning.

He probably didn't want to talk to me.

We didn't talk the next day.  And I forgot one very important detail about spring break.

I was going to my parents' house.

If I wanted to talk to him, I had to either text him, or find him before I left.

So, the day I was leaving to go to my parents house, two days after the semi-finals, I stopped by Jesse's dorm and knocked on the door.

It opened and Benji stood before me, wearing a dark cape that reminded me of a magician.

"Hey, Benji, is Jesse here?" I asked, but he shook his head.

"He left yesterday. He's at his parents house for the break." Benji frowned. "Sorry."

There went my last chance to apologize in person before the break.