[ 18. the whole world hates us ]

| y/n's pov |

Three years later

AFTER WHAT WAS probably the most embarrassing moment of my entire life at the Kennedy Centre for the President's birthday when Fat Amy legitimately showed her vagina to the world and the literal President of the United States, we had to have a meeting with the dean.

My morning had been pretty uneventful until then. The most difficult thing I had done was help Jesse with his tie.

"Chloe, chill out." Beca said as we all sat down and were waiting. Well, all of us except Chloe, who was up and pacing. "It was a mistake. They're not gonna burn us for witchcraft."

"No, but the National A Cappella Association is in there talking to the dean about us, and who knows what's gonna happen?"

My phone vibrated in my hands and I looked down to see a text from Jesse.

We're going on in a few minutes.

The Treblemakers were performing for all the new Barden students to 'introduce them to the school' or whatever.

"We've won three championships." Beca pointed out to Chloe. "Whatever happens in there, we're gonna be fine. Maybe it's time to think about other stuff."

"What other stuff?" Chloe asked Beca.

"You know, school, jobs, life."

"This group is my life. I've intentionally failed Russian Lit three times so I could be a Bella. This is the worst thing that's ever happened to us. Ever."

I started replying to Jesse's text.

Tell Benji I say good luck
Yk, cause he's my favorite Treble

You think you're hilarious, don't you?

Yep.

"You know, before coming to Barden, I had diarrhea for seven years." Flo told Chloe, and I looked up at the sudden oversharing. "But, yes, this is terrible."

In all seriousness though, you'll do great, Jess.
Sorry I can't watch because of this stupid meeting.

"The dean is ready for you tramps." I looked again up at the sound of an unfamiliar voice and we started standing up.

Okay, we've gotta go now
Love you and good luck

Love you too
And I think you guys need that luck more than we do

Jesse was right when he said that.

"Ladies, you have dragged the good name of Barden University into the gutter. And you've really upset these people whose... Whose names I've already forgotten."

"Your little southern exposure in front of our commander-in-chief has irreparably damaged the entire institution of a cappella." The man, John, spoke first.

"Just blew it up." The woman, Gail, agreed.

"Funding is drying up. Sponsors are pulling out." John continued. "Unfortunately an example must be made."