[ 02. the barden bellas ]

| y/n's pov |

I WALKED INTO the auditorium where the auditions for the Barden Bellas, along with Barden's other a cappella groups, were being held with Stacie.

We sat down and both watched as more students filled the seats around us. Everyone seemed pretty nervous, and I was too.

Then as I looked to the doorway, I saw Jesse and his roommate walk in.

He seemed to be everywhere.

Jesse spotted me, I could see the sudden recognition in his face as his eyes lit up. He said something to his roommate and the two boys made their way over.

"Are you stalking me or something, Y/N?" Jesse asked with a laugh, sitting down on the other side of me to Stacie.

"Please, Jesse, if anything you're stalking me." I stated. "You're so obsessed."

Jesse chuckled before gesturing to the guy who sat down beside him.

"This is my roommate, Benji." He introduced. "Benji, this is Y/N."

"Pleasure to meet you." Benji reached his arm over Jesse and shook my hand. "Sorry if my hands are sweaty, I'm very nervous."

"You guys trying out for the Trebles?" I asked and they nodded.

Jesse opened his mouth to speak, but two boys walked out onto the stage in front of us.

The shorter and skinnier of the two boys introduced himself as Tommy and began to speak.

"For your audition, each of you will be singing sixteen bars of Kelly Clarkson's Since You've Been Gone." Tommy explained, getting the song title wrong. "If a group likes you, they will contact you directly. My tone-deaf sidekick Justin here will be collecting your information."

"If I could sing a lick, in any human way possible, I would, but I can't. And I hate myself every day because of it." Justin exclaimed as he walked past Tommy.

"I know."

Jesse looked to me with that grin, rather amused by the conversation.

"But if you think this is just some high school club, where you can sing and dance your way through any big social issue, or confused sexuality, you have come to the wrong place." So basically, it's not Glee. "There is none of that here. That's high school. This shit is real life! Now, don't just bring it, sing it. And let's do this."

I watched from the side of the stage as one by one students auditioned.

"Wish me luck." Stacie winked before walking out onto the stage. "Hi, everybody, my name is Stacie. My hobbies include cuticle care and the E! Network."

Then she sang, and she honestly wasn't the worst I saw there. She was quite good.

"And all you'd ever hear me say Is how I picture me with you"

As she went on, I was pretty impressed.

Soon she was done and she came offstage with an excited smile.