[ 17. the ending's the best part ]

| y/n's pov |

"ALRIGHT. HOW ABOUT that?" The announcer was back onstage.

Beca turned to look around at our group.

"I love you, awesome nerds."

"Yeah, you guys are the best." Fat Amy agreed with a grin. "Even though some of you are pretty thin, I think that you all have fat hearts, and that's what matters. Okay, let's just smash this. Okay?"

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Barden Bellas!"

As I stepped out onto the stage with the rest of the group, I felt a little more confident than I had at our past performances.

I looked to the audience as the Trebles were sitting down. Jesse looked to me and I met his eyes before looking down.

Beca blew the pitch pipe and did Aubrey's usual count.

"One, two, three, four."

"Seems like everybody's got a price" Aubrey started. "I wonder how they sleep at night When the sale comes first And the truth comes second Just stop for a minute and smile"

"Everybody look to the left, Everybody look to the right" Chloe sang and we did so. "Can you feel that? Yeah, We're paying with love tonight"

There was a beat of silence.

"It ain't about the money" Lilly started up and the lights changed as Cynthia Rose started singing.

"It's not about the money, money, money, We don't need your money, money, money, We just wanna make the world dance, Forget about the price tag" Cynthia Rose made her way to the front of the stage. "It ain't about the, uh, cha-ching cha-ching, Ain't about the, yeah, ba-bling ba-bling"

My stomach was doing somersaults as Cynthia Rose's part came to an end.

"Wanna make the world dance, Forget about the price tag, Price tag, Forget about the"

I watched as Jesse looked down at his lap while the other Bellas created a walkway.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey" I sang. "Won't you come see about me? I'll be alone dancing You know it, baby"

From where he was sitting, I noticed Jesse's head look up. He obviously recognized the song.

The song from the end of The Breakfast Club.

The movie I hated and he tried to get me to watch multiple times, including the night of our first kiss.

"Tell me your troubles and doubts" I danced along to our choreography at the front of the stage, and a familiar smile formed on Jesse's face. "Giving me everything inside and out"

I had watched the entire movie twice over the spring break. And I discovered maybe I didn't hate it as much as I thought I did.

"Don't you" I sang.

"'Cause you're amazing" Beca led the other Bellas in the background.