[ 15. just the way you are ]

| y/n's pov |

"ALRIGHT. LET'S REMIX this business." Beca spoke as we stopped outside in the empty pool where the riff-off had taken place. "Um, Aubrey, would you pick a song for us, please?"

"Bruno Mars, Just The Way You Are."

"Okay, um, Chloe, are you okay to take the lead?" Beca asked with a smile.

"Yeah." Chloe cleared her throat.

Beca then started vocalizing the intro to the song, and slowly we all joined in. Beca nodded at Chloe to start.

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes Make the stars look like they're not shinin' Her hair, her hair Falls perfectly without her trying" Chloe sang. "She's so beautiful And I tell her every day"

"I was thinking 'bout her, thinkin' 'bout me, Thinkin' 'bout us, what we're gonna be" Beca started singing Just A Dream. "Opened my eyes, it was only just a dream"

"But every time she asks me, 'Do I look okay?'"

"It was only just a dream"

"When I see your face"

"So travel back down that road" Aubrey joined in singing. "Will she come back? No one knows. I realize it was only just a dream"

"There's not a thing that I would change" I sang with Chloe and she smiled at me. "'Cause you're amazing just the way you are"

"It was only just a dream"

We started clapping and stomping to a beat.

"When I see your face"

"So I traveled back down that road Will she come back? No one knows"

"There's not a thing that l would change"

"I realize it was only just a dream"

"'Cause you're amazing just the way you are"

"It was only just a dream"

"When I see your face"

An echo of the last word brought the song to a stop and we went quiet.

"Hands in." Aubrey grinned and we all formed a circle to do so. "One, two..."

As we all sang together, finally getting it right, Chloe sang an extremely low note before slapping her hand over her mouth.

"What was that?" Fat Amy asked.

"I don't know, I've never made that sound before." Chloe gasped, rubbing her hand on the bottom of her throat.

"Yo, but with your messed up vocal cords, you could hit the bass notes." Cynthia Rose pointed out.

"Do you know what that means?" Aubrey asked. "Yes, Lilly?"

Lilly moved into the centre of the group with her hand up.

"I think I have something that can help us out." She spoke and a few of us, including me, laughed happily in surprise after hearing her voice properly.

"Excuse me, bitch, you don't need to shout." Fat Amy joked and we all laughed again.

"Okay, don't get mouthy." Beca pointed at her before we started walking away.