[ 27. copenhagen ]

| y/n's pov |

"YOU KNOW, MUCHACHA, we're gonna be late!" Flo called into the house as we all walked out onto the in our graduation robes. They were all an emerald green with gold lining.

"We're taking the photo with or without you." Beca added and Amy finally walked out to join us. "We are taking the photo with or without you."

"Everybody get together." Emily said. She was holding my phone to take the photos.

"No, no, we're together."

Stacie slung her arm around my shoulder and squeezed me in a hug.

"One, two, three!" We all smiled and exclaimed happily. "Bellas for life!"

Beca didn't and just stared as Emily took the photo.

"Send that to me! Send that to me!" Stacie grinned as I got my phone back from Emily.

"I will, Stace, chill out!" I laughed and she lifted the camera she had in her hand.

"Whatever, Y/N. Say cheese!"

We both smiled for the selfie before we were practically dragged away by the other girls to go to the actual ceremony.

---

WHEN WE GOT to Copenhagen it was raining. A lot.

We were outside under umbrellas looking for somewhere to eat.

"Okay, so... Is there a restaurant in this town that serves something other than fish?" Beca asked, looking at the map in her hands under the umbrella she shared with Emily.

"Oh, I did see a KFC back there." Emily told her.

"Nope. All fish. I checked."

"Guys, over here." Chloe called us over from where she stood with Flo and Fat Amy. "Come this way."

"Oh, Chloe, I'm coming for you!" Beca ran through the rain to share Chloe's umbrella with her.

I moved away from Lilly to share the umbrella with Emily.

"I like your shirt." Emily complimented with a smile. "One of my friends from high school made me watch The Breakfast Club one time. I didn't mind it."

I laughed and looked down at the shirt. "This is actually Jesse's shirt. The Breakfast Club's his favourite movie, like, ever. He leant this shirt to me three years ago and never got it back."

"You've been together for that long?" Emily asked and I nodded.

"Yep." My hand held onto my necklace as I looked to her. "I have no clue why he's stuck around this long."

Emily laughed and we caught up with the others.

"Whoo-hoo! College graduates! Spreading my wings, y'all." Chloe cheered and Amy chuckled.

"There are so many fresh Danishes here. I swear if I wasn't recently locked down, I would tear a hole through this city."

After we had gotten back from the retreat, Fat Amy rowed a boat across the river to the Treble's house and sang to Bumper. Then they got together.

"This place is so smelly and rainy." Flo commented. "Why do Americans ever leave America?"

"Culture, design, history." Amy listed.

"Oh! I'm not Copen-hating this place."

"I'm starving." Beca complained and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, uh, why don't we go visit Hayden Christian Andersen's house?" Emily suggested.

"That guy? But he was pretty crappy in the Star Wars prequels." Amy replied and I laughed.

"Ames, that's Hayden Christensen." I corrected her.

"Alright, movie nerd."

---

"WELL, HERE WE are." Chloe spoke to us the day of the Worlds as we got to the outdoor venue that morning.

It — luckily — wasn't raining anymore.

We could see the stage still being built up not too far away.

"Do you think the stage is big enough for what we wanna do?" Chloe asked.

"You're kidding, right?" Flo asked back. "It's huge."

"You guys think it'll work?" Emily asked.

"It'll work for us. That's what matters." Beca replied.

"Let's go!" Lilly spoke quietly and started running ahead.

"Let's do this thing!" Flo cartwheeled behind us as we headed in.

We all had passes, being performers and all, and made it inside the venue easily.

"Everyone knows where to meet, right?" Chloe questioned the group.

"Yeah, we know." Cynthia Rose answered. Chloe had only told us a million times.

"U.S.A.!" Fat Amy cheered and we watched as Flo did more flips and things around on the grass.

"Alright, safety first, Flo!" Beca called out to her and Flo cheered before flipping again.

---

AFTER SPENDING THE rest of the day rehearsing and taking time to work out what choreography would look like on the actual stage, it was getting close to performance time.

As I walked past one of the tents where the performers got ready with Beca, I spotted Emily inside.

We had been looking for her, but she was talking with a guy who had his back turned to us.

I watched as they kissed before the guy pulled colourful scarves from his mouth. That was what gave it away to me that it was Benjamin Applebaum himself.

"Em, you ready?" Beca called out to Emily.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'll be right there." Emily responded.

Benji had a huge smile on his face and he waved to me.

I gave him a knowing smile. "Benji."

He looked away, grinning at the ground, and Beca and I walked away to find the rest of the Bellas.

i love posting little chapters before the finals