CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR; that girl is a problem

——————————————————————

PART TWO
That Girl Is A Problem

——————————————————————

" y/n's point of view "

——————————————————————

"HEY, GUYS, IT'S my first performance." Emily spoke excitedly as we sat on our bus.

I was texting Bumper, of all people, who was whining and complaining about how Fat Amy rejected him. I just acted as if I cared, because I really didn't at that moment.

"Calm down. It's just a chance for us to rehearse for Worlds." Chloe said. "As far as I can tell, it's just for a bunch of old people."

By the time we got to the dressing rooms, Lilly was doing vocal practices and we were all getting in costumes, putting on makeup and doing our hair.

"There's a full house out there." Emily stated. "How did we get this gig again?"

"They called us." Chloe told her.

"You know what guys? I know we're trying a lot of new stuff, but I feel like we're gonna get out there and we're gonna feel that energy and we're just gonna nail all of it!" Beca's voice became more of a shout the more she spoke. "Sorry, there braids are so tight."

"You know what? I don't know. I don't know." Chloe was pacing through the room. "I mean, I have many, many doubts, because if we fail this, then we won't win the Worlds. And if we don't win the Worlds, there will be no more Bellas. And without the Bellas, then my life would have had no..."

Chloe had started to tear up.

"Malaria." Flo nodded.

"Meaning, Flo." Chloe cried.

Soon we made it onstage and all the lights were down. Beca blew the pitch pipe.

"You got me so wild How can I ever deny?" She sang. "You got me so high So high, I cannot feel the fire"

Chloe and Jessica sang with Beca.

"And you keep telling me, Telling me that you'll be sweet, And you'll never want to leave my side, As long as I don't break these promises And they still feel, oh, so wasted on myself" That was the point where it changed from slow to more upbeat.

We then all ripped off the gold pants we had been wearing that revealed dark leggings on underneath.

"I'm your dream girl" Fat Amy sang, walking down the aisle in the middle of the stage. "This is real love, But you know what they say about me, That girl is a problem, Girl is a problem, Girl is a problem, problem, problem"

"...They still feel, oh, so wasted on myself..." Beca sang in the background.

"Sweat dripping down your chest" Chloe sang, taking Amy's spot at the front of the stage.

"Thinkin' 'bout your tattooed knuckles On my thigh, boy, boy, boy" Beca stood so the two of them were back-to-back.

"Cold shower, you got no Power to control how I make you my toy, toy, toy" Amy sang.