[ 30. bellas reunion ]

| y/n's pov |

Three years later

"OKAY, SO IT'S just a few days, I think. Bellas reunion and catching up, and then I'm coming home." I shrugged, packing my suitcase.

"Yeah, but New York is on the other side of the country." Jesse ran a hand over the side of his face. "Why on Earth does it have to be in New York?"

"Because that's where Emily invited us." I said. "It's just gonna be for a couple of days and then home again."

"Right." Jesse, who was still dressed in pyjamas with messy hair, walked out of our bedroom.

"Jess, where are you going?"

"The kitchen." He groaned.

I watched as he left and sighed before dropping down onto our bed.

Everything in my life felt like an absolute mess at that point in time.

My hands covered my face for a moment before I sighed and stood up again, finishing my packing by adding my old Bellas outfit into my suitcase and zipping it up.

I should've packed earlier, as the plane was leaving that night and the reunion was the next night, but I had been so busy I almost forgot.

I glanced at the time on my phone and quickly hurried out of the bedroom and downstairs, into the kitchen.

Now Jesse was seated at the table, rubbing his eyes and yawning as he ate a bowl of cereal.

I hurried around, grabbing my car keys and purse before searching around for my script I had been making notes on the night before.

"Where is it?" I scrambled around the room. "Fucking script."

"Hey, hey, hey." Jesse was soon in front of me and got me to slow down. "Just chill out, okay? Take a breath."

I inhaled deeply and breathed it out. Jesse's hands were holding onto my shoulders and he got me to look at him my holding the sides of my face.

"You are seriously overworking yourself, babe." He told me before picking up the thick stack of pages that was my script off the table and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I sighed in relief and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll see you later, Jesse."

"I love you." He called out as I headed out the front door and I just quickly waved in response before running to my car.

---

WHEN I ARRIVED at the Brooklyn Aquarium, I only found one person I knew right away.

"Stacie!" I exclaimed and rushed towards my best friend.

"Y/N! Oh, my God!" She hurried over and we hugged.

"Hey, Stacie! Y/N!"

I turned my head towards the voices and saw Cynthia Rose, Lilly and Flo coming up to us.

"Oh, my God!" Stacie squealed and we all hugged, greeting each other.

"Finally!"