[ 25. aubrey's retreat ]

| y/n's pov |

"WOW, THIS PLACE is sweet." Emily complimented as she looked around while we were getting off the bus.

"It's nice, right?" Chloe asked, smiling.

"I need to find somewhere to charge my laptop." Beca said.

"Hey, Chlo, how did you hear about this place?" I asked, turning my head to look at her.

"From yours truly." A familiar voice answered and my head snapped around. Aubrey Posen stood before us with a hunting rifle over her shoulder. She took of her safety glasses. "Hello, Bellas."

"Aubrey!" We exclaimed and rushed over to her, lucky she wasn't holding the gun anymore as we hugged her.

"Oh, wow. Hi, you must be Emily." Aubrey greeted once she saw her. "Welcome to the Lodge at Fallen Leaves, where Fortune 500 companies send their employees to build teamwork skills."

"You run this whole place?" Beca questioned in surprise.

"You know, I realized that I had a knack for barking orders and bending people's will..."

"No shit." I mumbled and Emily giggled.

"...So I made a career out of it. Which reminds me... Fall in line, Bellas!"

"Well, she ain't changed." Cynthia Rose commented and I snickered as we rushed into a line.

"No slouching! No straggling! I see you, Jessica!" Aubrey didn't seem as cheerful anymore. "It is with great sorrow and regret that I had to watch our once proud organization become a national disgrace."

Aubrey's anger and disappointment was still something I feared.

"Can I have the keys to the minibar?" Fat Amy whispered.

"Zip it." Ordered Aubrey before she started walking in front of us again. "The Worlds signifies a shot at redemption. You don't have a chance at winning until you find your sound again. You have totally lost your harmony! So for the next two days, you will be doing everything together until you regain it. Ladies, get ready to be transformed. You are surrounded by the strength of your fellow Bellas and the support of a proud female tradition and a few dozen bear traps, so don't stray too far from the marked paths. Okay, great, let's go!"

"Well, maybe I'll just start with a hot shower," Fat Amy took a few steps forward with her hand up. "Maybe a little foot rub."

"Fat Amy, there are no guest rooms for you."

"Then where are we staying?"

---

OUR FIRST TEAM building exercise was to pitch the tent together as a team. It took until sundown because we were a terrible team for things like that.

We were all cramped into a large tent. I was squashed between Stacie and the wall of the tent as we all got ready to sleep that night.

"I don't understand camping." Flo spoke up in the silence. "We're voluntarily living like dogs."

"This is the worst." Beca mumbled. "The air we're breathing right now is at least 90% fart."