[ 28. the worlds ]

| y/n's pov |

I STOOD WITH the rest of the Bellas offstage while we waited. Das Sound Machine was about to go on before us, but their lead woman, who I had eventually learned was named Kommissar, and the lead man, Pieter, had both stopped to torment us again.

"Hear that? They chant for us." Kommissar then held Beca's cheek. "Now don't cry too hard when you lose, eh? Makes eyes puffy."

"Your hands are so soft." Beca almost whispered.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak loser. What did you say?" Kommissar crouched down to Beca's height.

"She actually speaks eight languages," Pieter bragged. "But loser is not one of them."

"Everything must come to an end. Even the Bellas."

"Take care and lose nice."

"Ha, your sweat smells like cinnamon!" Beca called after them as they headed onstage. "Damn it!"

We watched from the side of the stage as they began their performance.

"Woah, oh, oh, woah, oh, oh, woah, oh, oh, woah"

"Woah, oh, oh, woah, oh, oh, woah, oh, oh..."

"DSM!"

"Be-be careful making wishes in the dark, dark, Can't be sure when they'll hit their mark And besides in the mean, meantime, I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart" Kommissar sang the lead vocals.

As they started the next line, Pieter sang with her, their group all creating formations and shapes together.

"I'm in the de-details with the devil So now the world can never get me on my level, I just gotta get you out the cage, I'm a young lover's rage, Gonna need a spark to ignite, My songs know what you did in the dark"

I watched as they ran to either side of the stage in two groups to continue their choreography.

"So light 'em up, up, up, Light 'em up, up, up, Light 'em up, up, up, I'm on fire"

There was literally fire onstage at that point and I was terrified. Their performance was so good, we shouldn't even bother.

"So light 'em up, up, up, Light 'em up, up, up, Light 'em up, up, up, I'm on fire"

"DSM going in on the verse 'cause they never been defeated and they won't stop now" Pieter rapped. "Get your hands up, put 'em in the sky for the homies That didn't make it and the folks locked down, Make millions every year international champions, 'Cause all I do, all I, all I, all I"

Pieter and Kommissar ran to the back of the stage and a few other DSM members held out a rope as if it was the finish line of a race, and the two leads acted as if they were running.

"All I do is win, hey"

"Win no matter what"

"Whoo!"

"Got money on my mind I can never get enough"