CHAPTER ELEVEN; party in the usa

——————————————————————

PART ONE
Party In The USA

——————————————————————

" y/n's point of view "

——————————————————————

I SAT ON the back of the Bellas' bus beside Stacie. I was holding my phone and had my headphones in.

We were all dressed in uniform and on our way to the semi-finals. Fat Amy was driving, but she pulled over at a gas station to fill the bus' tank.

"Okay, don't you flat-butts worry, I got this." Amy spoke, unclipping her seatbelt and getting up. "I'm just gonna pump and dump."

How's your bus trip going? I'm bored.

I sent the text to Jesse and got no reply. I put my phone into my pocket and heard Fat Amy yell from outside.

"I've just been shot! Help me."

Cynthia Rose jumped to her feet, followed by Beca and Lilly. I got up too, I wanted to see what was going on.

"Oh, shit." Amy looked down at herself as Beca and Cynthia Rose help her sit up. "Bumper threw a big-ass burrito at me. I'm gonna kill him, I swear. I'm gonna finish him like a cheesecake."

Amy got cleaned up and changed into a spare uniform and soon we were back on the road.

The bus was silent apart from the occasional flip of a page or hum to music.

By that point I was texting Jesse.

Stacie was beside me filing her nails. Jessica and Ashley were behind us both. Chloe was seated in front of me with her headphones in. Beca was just staring out her window.

I turned the music in my headphones up higher to distract me from all the little sounds.

My music didn't stop me from hearing Chloe when she started to sing, though.

"I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan"

I recognized the lyrics as Miley Cyrus immediately and paused my own music because the signing was just going to disturb me anyway.

"Welcome to the land of fame excess am I gonna fit in?"

Cynthia Rose joined in at the second line, then Amy, Stacie and I on the next one.

"I jumped in the cab, here I am for the first time. Look to my right and I see the Hollywood sign, This is all so crazy"

Then Aubrey joined in. Which surprised me because I didn't think she knew any songs that had been released in the last 30 years at least.

"Everybody seems so famous, My tummy's turning and I'm feeling kinda homesick, too much pressure and I'm nervous"

Aubrey turned her head towards Beca, who was still sitting silently with her arms crossed.