Healing

Nicks POV

We arrive home after Mum gets back. When we arrive home Chase is in the lounge room, asleep on the couch.

I walk over to him as silently as I can, I put a blanket over him and let him sleep. I silently walk over to Charlie.

"Do you wanna go up to our bedroom?" I ask.

"Yeah." Char whispers.

We walk up the stairs as quietly as we can and walk into our bedroom. When we walk through the door, I fall onto our bed.

"I hate to admit it but I missed this so much." I laugh.

"I know I picked the mattress." Charlie jokes.

I sit up and look at Charlie.

"What?" Charlie says curiously.

"I think I need a shit load of therapy."

"Oh one hundred percent." Charlie laughs crossing his arms.

"I'll book you in soon." He says.

"Come on let's ya know." Charlie says.

"Ya know?" My mind says going through thousands of outcomes.

"Cool dinner?" He says. "Dirty dirty man."

"You tricked me." I laugh.

Charlie goes down stairs to wake Chase up and cook dinner. I stay seated on the bed. His face peering into my mind, mangled, bloody.

"Your should've helped me." It says. "YOU SHOULDVE HELEPD ME."

"I tried." I say.

Its body grows and grows and spindles around like a spider until it's over me and starts chanting.

"YOU LET ME DIE."

"NOOOO!" I scream.

I hold my face and scream as it shakes me vigorously.

"NICK!" Charlie says. "NICK!"

His face fades away until I see Charlie kneeling next to me. Chase is standing in the doorway.

"Chase can you go continue making dinner please?" Charlie says.

"But-." He says

"Now." Charlie says sternly.

Chase turns around and walks out of the room and down the stairs.

"Hey, hey, hey it's okay Nick I've got you." He says.

I can feel my body shaking, shivers are shooting yo and down my spine and all I can see is his face. Sweat is pouring off my face and tears are stinging my eyes.

I cry in Charlie's arms until finally the face leaves my mind and I start to ease up.

I gasp, when I realise what's just happened.

"What?" Charlie asks.

"How did, how." I say at a loss for words.

"It's okay Nick." He says assuringly. "I've got you."

"I'm so scared." I say finally cracking.

"It's okay." He says. "I'm here."

I stay in Charlie's arms, my hands darting around the room waiting for it to come back. Tears fly out my eyes like rockets. My eyes sting from all the tears.

I stand up, my heart pounding through my chest. I walk to the door my legs barely holding my weight. I stumble a few times and then I regain myself and start to walk down the stairs.

I walk to the table and see Chase still cooking the spaghetti.

"Thanks Chase." I say smiling. "I'll finish it."

"Are you sure?" He asks

"Yes." I say.

I fiddle with my promise ring before Chase gives in and lets me continue to cook. As I step up to the meat I see his face in the pan. I stumble back and put my hand to my mouth.

"My minds playing tricks on me." I whisper over and over.

I go back to the pot to see nothing there anymore. I continue to finish the spaghetti until I call Charlie and Chase to the table to eat. Chase and Charlie sit at the table, Chase seems very very on edge and Charlie is eyeing the food anxiously.

"Chase is this enough?" I say with a decent amount on the plate.

"Yeah." He says smiling.

I pour enough for Charlie because I know if I ask him how much he wants he's going to ask for an unhealthy amount of air on his plate.

I give Charlie a decent portion and give him a quick smile. I serve myself and sit down next to Char. I put my hand on his thigh when he tenses.

We all finish dinner, but Charlie's plate is still has food on it but he ate a considerable amount.

Charlie's POV

Why can't I just eat normally! Nick is literally struggling so much and he has to take care of me because I've decided to go back to being a non eating-.

"Char?" Nick says.

"Mm." I say turning to him.

"I'm gonna go upstairs, Chase is gonna watch a movie what are you gonna do?"

"I'll go upstairs with you." I say reading his eyes.

"Ok let's go." He smiles. "Enjoy the movie Chase."

He gets up and walks up the stairs.

Nicks POV

I walk into our room and I turn around to see when Charlie walks in.

When he walks in I almost collapse into his arms. After a few minutes we fall into bed and lay there for a few minutes until Charlie breaks the silence.

"I'm so-." He says.

"No s word." I say. "I think it's time we start to heal."

"Yes." He says. "Healing."

We laugh until I look at him. "Really, it's time I start healing."

"Take your time if you are going to, it's not easy."

"You've said that before." I laugh.

"Shut up!" He says. "But seriously, I'm here BUT take your time."

"I will." I smile