The visit.

TW:Slurs,swearing.
Nicks POV

I've been dreading this day the whole week. I really don't want to see David but he is my brother and it would make mum happy so I guess I'll go.

"You alright Nick" Isaac asks swinging around the door.

"Uhh yeah, can you get Charlie I need him to help me pick something to wear" I ask.

"Ok." He says leaving me alone.

I'm about two minutes Charlie comes through the door. "Hey what's up?" He asks. "You used the codeword for emergencies."

"I really don't want to see David." I say my voice cracking.

"Hey, hey it's okay Nick don't worry you only have to see him for ten minutes then you can leave."

"Yeah but I'm scared for what he's going to say in those ten or so minutes." I explain.

"Then how bout we make a deal?" Charlie asks.

"What deal?"

"Whatever David says about you or me you tell me and we'll unpack it together to make you feel better." Charlie says leaning on the door frame.

I know this will help but I'm scared it won't.

"Ok I'll go" I say caving.

I hate caving I do it so much even with kids. Why do I do this so much?

"I'll come with you and wait in the car for you if you want?" Charlie suggests.

I like that idea. At least I would have Charlie if something happens and he could help if some unpleasant memories come back.

Charlie's POV

I know Nick is nervous to go see his brother but he really has to. Miss Nelson wants him to, the idea of me going incase something bad happens is good but Nick really isn't the type of guy to be ready to open up after it happened.

"Let's go then" I say smirking.

We say goodbye to Isaac and Chase and tell them not to do anything bad while we're gone. Nick puts his eyebrow highlighting something and scaring Isaac at the same time.

When we arrive at Mrs Nelson's house Nick and I climb out and go to the front door.

Nicks POV

We've now arrived at my old house. I knock on the door hoping mum answers quickly. I hear a few things clatter around and footsteps, I hear her get to the door and open the door.

"Mum" I say smiling as I hug her.

Mum turns to Charlie.

"Hi Miss Nelson" he says awkwardly.

"Call me mum." She says. "When you were younger I told you and I would love to call you my son now"

Me and Charlie look at eachother with the same thought.

"Thanks Mum" Charlie says.

"Wouldn't that be incest?" I say after him.

Charlie looks at me shocked and my mother is laughing to herself.

"Let's just go" I say a smirk on my face.

Charlie let's mum sit in the front despite her insistence and I drive.

It takes about twenty odd minutes to get to this jail type thing before mum tells me this is it.

Mum and I exit the car. Charlie told her about our plan and she agrees knowing David is disgusting.

We enter the prison.

"Hi I would like to visit David Nelson?" My mother asks.

"Sure right this way" she says leading us into a room with the Hollywood style visiting rooms.

The glass walls, telephones for communication.

It takes about ten minutes of waiting before he comes out. He looks ragged, beat up and bruised. Someone finally kicked his ass.

"Hi." He says bluntly through the telephone.

"Hi David" mum sighs.

"Hi." I say through gritted teeth. "How's prison?"

"Not bad j beat five guys yesterday got three then got doubled" he says proudly. "How's the boyfriend, still got him or decided to like girls now"

Anger is now boiling inside of me and it's gaining more temperature.

"I'm still with Charlie." I say angrily.

"Knew you were still a faggot" he says.

I can't contain my anger now but what can I do? He's behind a glass shield which I can't break through to try and break his neck.

I only listen to him and mum talk for the rest of the visit.

"Come on time to go!" A guard says picking him up by his collar and pulling him away.

When we leave the building, mum bursts into tears.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask.

"It's just David" she sobs. "I thought I raised him to the best of my ability."

"Mum it's ok." I say consoling her. "It's like math, not everyone gets it, he doesn't get it and that's his fault not yours"

I pull my mother into a hug. She holds on tight for a very long time until Charlie bring the car round.

"Ready to go?" He says.

"Yeah." I say.

My mother only nods. I know this hurts for her but what is there to do?

When we arrive at my childhood home and walk my mother in and say goodbye I feel normal again. It's like his effects on me don't last as long anymore.

We climb into the car and Charlie drives a little far away from my mothers house when he pulls over and looks at me.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah I am." I say.

"Promise?" He says.

I'm not okay but I also don't want to break a pinky promise ever. I know it's childish but I take pinky promises very seriously.

Fine I'll spill. "No I'm not"

"You can tell me" Charlie says rubbing my arm.

"It's just, it's almost like we're opposites." I say. "I would never say the things he has said or done."

"I know that Nick and so does everyone else."

"But if they meet my brother they see a horrible person and he never stops talking about how I'm in a relationship with you and how I'm a fucking fag"

"Hey your aren't him, he showed you who not to be" Charlie says. "That's why your an amazing person, because you knew right form wrong at a young age."Charlie says placing a kiss on my cheek.

We drive home and continue our day as normal and even watch a few episodes of agents of shield.

Authors Note:
Hey everyone! Ik I updated late last chapter but I actually wanted to change it too whenever I update because I really have a fucked schedule rn so it will be hard but I'll try to bring as much out as I can! Have an amazing week guys!